VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shoulder C&P exam no goniometer

Rate this question

ShuMan

Question

Can't believe I had a C&P examiner just eye ball my ROM. I've been to a fair share of C&P exams and thought that the whole C&P examiner didn't use a measuring device couldn't happen to me. I was wrong and kind of shocked. I had her complete the exam. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You need to wait and see what she saw.  LOL.  Could be good for you, could be bad.  At least you have some recourse (I think) if its bad.  I am trying to remember is they used on on my shoulder, but know for sure they used one when doing my back, neck and elbow.

I am supprised by now that the don't have an electronic body mapping eqluipment for joint travel system with a computer.

Kind of like a major league umpire calling balls and strikes.  Four laser beams and his job is mute.

FWIW,

Hamslice

lol thanks Hamslice. I was just in shock she didn't measure me. I was like what do I do now, do I let her finish? Do I say something? I'll see the results here in a couple days but it was the first time during a C&P I was dumbfounded. I was ready for this one, did my research and everything. 

ShuMan - I have years of experience in therapy. It is not unusual not to use a goniometer, the Dr will state their experience with measuring..... It is legitimate,but I feel like it is not fair to the client. 

On 6/27/2017 at 4:23 PM, L said:

ShuMan - I have years of experience in therapy. It is not unusual not to use a goniometer, the Dr will state their experience with measuring..... It is legitimate,but I feel like it is not fair to the client. 

I haven't got the results yet, so we'll see how it goes. I do agree it leaves the client in a tough spot when there is so much riding on a range of motion test.