VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD 70% with no routine future exams?

Rate this question

75HotelCalifornia

Question

A little history this has been an issue since 2001 and a hell of a ride, so I assume since 5 years will put me at 21 years it then will be a protected status. My original claim (15 years later) was 50%. I went for an increase about 10 months after.

I went for an increase for my PTSD as things were progressively going downhill. It looked as I may have been granted 100%, though they came back with a 70% with no routine future exams stipulation. 

It was explained by my VA contact that this means I will receive this raiting until my death as long as I do not go back to try for any increase or attempt to as that could put me back in the line for a future exam. 

Has anyone heard of such a thing or the VA doing that with other claims? I would think the best bet is to let sleeping dogs lie, and never ask for an increase or at least wait until the 20 year mark has passed in the event the disability continued to worsen.

Thoughts?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If it says how much you will get per month ,then you can figure out what % they actually gave you.By comparing it to the VA disability rate chart.

"I went for an increase for my PTSD as things were progressively going downhill. It looked as I may have been granted 100%, though they came back with a 70% with no routine future exams stipulation. "

Hopefully it is 100%...cant tell

"It was explained by my VA contact that this means I will receive this raiting until my death as long as I do not go back to try for any increase or attempt to as that could put me back in the line for a future exam. "

That is absolute VA bull shit.

I guess this Was a high level VA lackey. The VA will do anything to prevent vets from getting a proper resolve of their claims.

What about any potential SMC down the road.????

What if you develop another service connectable condition that ultimately causes your death?

If you believe this VAOLA spin and have a spouse, she would never get DIC if you never claimed any other conditions, and got them SCed,in your lifetime and then died because they substantially contributed to or even directly caused your death.

Please listen to my show------as Bob Dylan said...'things are a changin' "

Can you scan and attach here a copy of the award letter?

Cover C file # etc prior to scanning it.

Are you employed? If not the award letter should contain a statement about TDIU, maybe they even still attach the 21-8940 TDIU form...

• HadIt.com Elder

I would think this veteran is 70% rated for PTSD.

And wants to file for an increase on his S.C. PTSD to the 100%

To be more help  here We need more information??

I went for an increase for my PTSD as things were progressively going downhill. It looked as I may have been granted 100%, though they came back with a 70% with no routine future exams stipulation. 

It was explained by my VA contact that this means I will receive this raiting until my death as long as I do not go back to try for any increase or attempt to as that could put me back in the line for a future exam. 

I never heard of a 70% veteran  with no future exams? AT 70%? so if his letter says that?

he probably is 70% with the extra scheduler rating and getting TDIU with P&T

Buck-I think maybe this vet was reading ebenefits info from his phone or something.

It is the actual award letter that will clarify this.