VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P

Rate this question

marinevet1987

Question

I just had my PTSD C&P exam yesterday for an increase from 50%

Now, I know what I'm about to say is total speculation. No, I don't need you to tell me this stuff, because I know it is not 100% guaranteed. No, I haven't seen the final report, so nothing is final. But when he was putting stuff into his computer, he told me what he put in and went over it with me. So, based on this, do you think I could get a raise from 50%?

He said he put:
OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT WITH DEFICIENCIES IN MOST AREAS, SUCH AS WORK, SCHOOL, FAMILY RELATIONS, JUDGMENT, THINKING AND/OR MOOD

Depressed mood
Anxiety
Suspiciousness
Near-continuous panic or depression effecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively
Chronic Sleep impairment
Impairment of short and long term memory, for example, retention of only highly learned material, while forgetting to complete tasks
Disturbances of motivation and mood
Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
Difficulty adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a work like settiing
Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships

The two things I can't remember if he said, but may of said, were:
Impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence
Difficulty inunderstanding complex commands

What do you all think?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes that could help and also asking for your current employers stance about your current job in a written statement would help if he wants to help out

Edited by jfrei

Not real sure I would want them to do that.  I've showed my crazy at work, I definitely don't want to ask them to fill out a statement for how I act.  I am hoping they forget about it, so I'd rather not bring it back into the spotlight

Well if you. Did file for IU they'd request that form having them cite all of the occurrences for your claim. When you can't take the crap of disabilities file then 

We are also having a debate on a different forum.  They are saying there is no way you can get 100% IU, or schedular for mental health if a person is currently employed due to the fact 100% means "total occupational impairment".  But several people are bringing up the fact that they were employed and it was granted to them.  Any answers to that?  Or were they granted 100% by error?

Edited by marinevet1987

At all my PTSD I have never been called Total impairment at 100% for any of my issues. Although rated at 70% for my TBI which was because of my memory, the IU doctor opinions that I was a liability to all employers and what employers in their right mind would hire me knowing that I could potentially cause myself or someone else injury in my field of work. Which made me 100% IU and Permanent and Total since my TBI is not and won't be better in my lifetime.