VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim filed

Rate this question

cwaggie2003

Question

Hi all.  I have been reading posts for awhile but this my first post.  I am xurrently 50% service connected for thrombophlebitis right calf with venous stasis disease and lymphedema.

I filed to reopen my claim for an increase in March and for service connection of arthritis in both knees.

Ebennies says:

Status of Your Claim

• Submitted: 06/01/2017 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 06/30/2017 - 07/07/2017
  • Disabilities Claimed: Routine Future Exam- right postphlebitic syndrome with chronic lymphedema with recurrent episodes of cellulitis (previously rated as (thrombophlebitis, right calf with venous stasis disease and lymphedema (New)
  • Representative for VA Claims: DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
  • Current Status: Preparation for Decision

My question is what does the Routine Future Exam mean?  I had my C and P exam a month ago and the doctor said my claim looks perfect.  

I have said this before:  Dont count on ebenefits.  Especially dont beleive that completion date.  This assumes your claim is "glitch free".  VA loves to find glitches, or make them if they cant find them.  

This said, you may have a future exam, that is, your disabilities are not considered permanent.   That means if you go to the exam and your conditions have improved, you may be reduced if you got better.  Dont skip the exam, tho, that is worse.   The exam could also state your condition is worse or permanent.  

Right now, there is probably nothing needed from you until/unless you get another letter from VA.  

You need to simply wait for the letter.  Lots of Vets get a hobby, rather than watch their mailbox.  Its more productive.  

Also, never take a doctor's word that your "claim looks perfect".  They are not the rater just the doctor doing the exam.  As far as your claim, is there any update?

Navy4life,

First as a fellow sailor thank you for your service!  My Dad was a CTRC USN retired after 24 years.  I was a DK and OTASN before being medically retired.

So I inquired of Peggy last night.  My 6/1/17 claim is due to complete 7/14/17 but we know....hurry up and wait!  My 3/1/17 claim is due to complete 8/24/17 and is in gathering evidence phase.

I inquired of IRIS and this is the response I received this morning:

Dear Ms. Wagner;

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated July 12, 2017.

Thank you for your service to our country. 

Your supplemental compensation claim is currently in the development phase of processing. During this phase, we gather the evidence needed to decide your claim. We have received all requested evidence. Your claim will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is needed.

At this time, it is estimated that your claim should be completed by August 24, 2017. Please understand that this date is an estimate and that your claim may take longer based on the specifics of your claim and VA's pending workload.

So still playing the waiting game ATM.

A 10% Increase from 50%, what SC did you file the Increase on? Did your RETRO $$ hit yet?