VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

where do i send the VA Form 21-4140

Rate this question

Burg

Question

i moved about 10 months ago from the western new york area where i went to the bath and buffalo VAMC system. i am now in the Tennessee valley system with the Nashville VAMC as my overseeing hospital. where do i send my annual IU form to show i have not been working? i have not received a form from them for it and i have as of yet to receive a form for my clothing allowance so i printed them both off and filled them out. i assume the clothing allowance form goes to the physical therapy brace and prosthetic shop but i have no clue who to give the IU form to :)

Edited by Burg

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would it send it to

Mail to: 
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-4444

with certified signed return receipt. 

or Fax to: 
TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818 & 248-524-4260 (Utilized for Foreign Claimants)

That is where I faxed mine just this week, since my award was issued in December 2016 - But Backdated to July 2014 ( anniversary) . 

Ok guys have a question.  We got call back from hot line.  My husband told them they should not put the 270 day limit for appeals, because it is always more than that.  He complained about getting treated in appropriately when you call the va and it is always the same answer.  You just have to wait wait wait. He told them they are just waiting for the older vets to die.  But,  he did ask if he was working,  hubby told him he retired because he was no longer able to work.  He told my husband to file for tdiu.  He does have ihd rated at 60 and his diabetes is 20,  and there are other things like the neuropathy etc.  and hearing. He has the appeal in now for increase in diabetes and for stage 3 diabetic nephropathy.  And our family doctor stated in his dbq that he is unable to work.    But he did not file for tdiu.  If he files now how will it work.   I could not hear what the gentlemen was saying, and hubby is hard of hearing,  but he said, if he filed for it he would start getting it now.   But will they look at what th dr. Stated on the dbq.  I was reading that they treated it like an increase of your other disabilities.    Going to go back and read this all again.

L,  ok your saying you were awarded on dec of 16.  But they back dated it?  May I ask why they back dated it?  I'm thinking about contacting the Vso in D.C. With some of these questions.  I had told my husband he should file for it,  but he just ignores me lol.  Now this guy tells him and he says he wished he had known this.  I'm going to punch him.