VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Menieres C&P

Rate this question

usmc2511

Question

So I got a call today to schedule a C&P exam for an increase on my SC'd menieres disease. I sent in an FDC claim with all medical records and a DBQ but for some reason they still ordered a C&P(next time if I file again for anything I won't waste my money on a DBQ clearly they aren't worth doing). I am wondering if they will do an audiogram and ENG/VNG testing even if I bring in my reports that I just had done a month ago. I really don't want to go through the ENG testing again because it throws me off for a good week or longer. Can you choose where you get to have your C&P done at, or do they just give you a time and place to show up?

3 answers to this question

I just asked this question to my Regional Office they said to me since mine was scheduled in another state to write a letter submit it in to ebenefits requesting it be scheduled closer and that traveling over 36 miles to another state when if they outsourced to VES I could be scheduled much closer in Delaware. So yes depends on the circumstances 

8 minutes ago, jfrei said:

I just asked this question to my Regional Office they said to me since mine was scheduled in another state to write a letter submit it in to ebenefits requesting it be scheduled closer and that traveling over 36 miles to another state when if they outsourced to VES I could be scheduled much closer in Delaware. So yes depends on the circumstances 

Well I got a call from QTC about three weeks ago and they told me they could not fulfill the request because they didn't have a doctor available within 200 miles or within 6 weeks. They said it's a specialty and they'd send it back to the VA.  Still haven't heard anything on a new exam so I guess I will just hold tight and wait, this isn't my first rodeo filing a claim and if it is completed in 6 months that's way better then the 3 years I have waited on other claims in the past. 

Me either also submit a letter into ebenefits saying why you asked them to send it back which is what the regional office told me to do for the same exact thing. Google Veteran Evaluation Services and see if they have a provider closer which is what I did. Write the letter if VES has one closer requesting a new c&p BE SENT back from QTC and to VES and the reason why and also because VES does have providers within 50 mikes which they will Im pretty confident. I just submitted the letter in on the 14th and was told it was approved by the Regional Office and is with the scheduler right now. I no longer have to travel outside my state now just for this appointment yet it may take a couple more weeks to  happen. If you have any question since I don't know if your regional office is or where I want you to call Office of case management and tell them your situation say about submitting a letter and ask if they can contact your regional office and that's how you will get it done 200 f$cking miles is ridiculous... number 202-530-9470 FYI I am not a fan of QTC their workers will lie to your ear and be like oh if you send it back for a TBI review the VA will never get  you anywhere in the next 2 years I laughed said send it back and now it being scheduled else where and with VES... Don't let them BS you with and scare tactics call QTC call them send it back tell them 18006829701 VES 7122555656 call first speak with a rep tell them your situation I know us Vets check this page and ebenefits daily Im naming ICD ("internet checking disorder) often referred to as OCD

Edited by jfrei