VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vocational Rehab assessment & TDIU claim

Rate this question

smith22

Question

Background: 90% rated

70% PTSD with C & P exam date of April 2017

20% DDD Lumbar spine

20% radiculopathy left leg

10% left knee

10% right knee

10% tinnitus

I am applying for TDIU and SSDI.  Just filed both as of two weeks ago.  I also attended my first treatment for PTSD with VA.  She is recommending Prolonged Exposure treatment which I am not sure about yet.  Not sure if I can handle that just yet.  The notes from first appointment states: Clearly has PTSD and would make a good candidate for prolonged exposure treatment.  Lumbar back: MRI results:  Severe DDD L4-S1 & L2-L3,  bulging disc throughout and mild to moderate stenosis.    I have had back issues since 1998 and have done acupuncture, chiropractor, meds, message therapy and have records showing treatment up until about 2008.  I got frustrated with VA and quit going.  So I have a lapse in treatment records.  I finally got enrolled in choice and was able to get an MRI and awaiting neurology appointment to see what type of treatment. 

Have not worked since Feb 2016 when I was fired for anger outburst with my boss. He fired me over phone while driving to VA hospital couple hours away.  He stated I snapped on him.  I worked for them for 6 months.  In May of 2017 I was awarded 70% for PTSD and increase in lumbar spine. 

When I filed TDIU form I put I was not in treatment because I had not started yet even though I had appointment setup and was waiting to be seen. 

Question: Should I send in a self report stating my limitations and also notify in writing that I am now in treatment?   Also, I have contacted Pat Clifford of "cliffordvocationalservices" to review my medical records and possibly write a vocational rehab assessment.  Should I consider having him conduct an assessment?  Has anyone used his services? 

For SSDI: I sent in a self report and used the template that I found on site (Patrick self -report).   I am not sure if I should contact a lawyer now?  I do not want to get stuck in the appeals process for ever. 

If I need to add self report to TDIU claim:  how can I add that to file?   Also any recommendations on getting the vocational assessment from Pat?

I appreciate any advice. 

thank you

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Why pay for a Voc Rehab Assessment? Apply to the VA Voc Rehab Dept located at your RO, on your E-Ben page. You'll have an appointment within a couple weeks.

With your recent PTSD Award Letter, was an "Inferred IU Claim" referenced?

Could you post a redacted copy of your PTSD C & P DBQ, the Dr's statement about the affect on your employment? Any discussion of "Sedentary Work?"

Semper Fi

Gastone,

C & P explanation letter I received for award:

We have assigned a 70% evaluation for you PTSD based on:  Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, suspiciousness, Depressed Mood, Suicidal ideation, Impairment of short and long term memory, disturbances of motivation and mood, anxiety, Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships, chronic sleep impairment, panic attacks more than once a week.  The overall evidentiary record shows that the severity of your disability most closely approximates the criteria for a 70%  disability evaluation. 

Note: the VA sent me to a contractor for my C & P exam.  I do not see my C & P exam notes in ebenefits/healthevet.  I have submitted a request for my C-file and exam evaluations, but have not received them yet.  I did not see anything about being inferred. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use