VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P Louisville this week, anyone have experience with this RO?

Rate this question

IMEF-Gunny

Question

So, I filed an FDC claim for PTSD at the end of June 2017 with all of my STR's, Buddy statements, Stressor letters, etc. I have been scheduled for a C&P exam at the Louisville, KY RO this week.

Needless to say, my anxiety is peaked out....I have a history of extreme anxiety in regard to being at VAMC....to the point my threapsit has suggested maybe doing my sessions remotely with VA supplied equipment (Like Skype).

My question is, has anyone had any experience with this RO? I can find very little written in regard to the Louisville RO good, bad or indifferent.

When they called me, the guy was very nice and asked when they could get me in for the exam, so they could expedite my claim for me.....hope that's a sign of their willingness to help/fairly adjucate legitimate claims.

Any input in regard to this RO (past experiences, knowledge, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

22 hours ago, IMEF-Gunny said:

Needless to say, my anxiety is peaked out....I have a history of extreme anxiety in regard to being at VAMC....to the point my threapsit has suggested maybe ...

Based on what you just wrote, I have a feeling you'll be fine!

Most of us know things come down to personalities- You could have a great experience, then the next guy gets someone else who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, mad at the world.

Seems to me I've never heard anything about Louisville. There's never going to be a news article 'Louisville is doing a good job,' so no news is good news!

Thanks Mike......fingers crossed. I'm definitely having a rough week anticipating this exam.....doesn't help that I had a crazy driver go batshit on me yesterday. I had to punch him in the face after he got out of control.....now I'm walking into an exam with my knuckles shredded and hoping I don't get some weird infection from his nasty ass teeth.

I appreciate the input.....sometimes just good to hear someone say......"You're not totally f**ked yet".

This is what I suggest for anxiety or worry.  Since its exceptionally difficut to eliminate worry or anxiety altogether, "mitigate" it, instead.  

Do your exam preperation, then schedule yourself a "worry" time about 2 days before the exam, from 4 to 5 in the afternoon.  At that scheduled time, do all your worrying, but if you feel like worrying before that, then just remember there is a scheduled time for worry, and put it off until then.  

When your "worry" hour comes, man have a list of things that can go wrong.  You show up late, get stuck in traffic, you say the wrong things, do the wrong things, heck, worry about a sink hole "sucking up" your VAMC into a giant sinkhole if you like.  Or worry about getting hit with an asteriod, if you like.  

However, on the "other" 169 or so hours per week, then devote that time to somethings more productive.  A few examples (modify to fit YOUR situation):

1.  Call a friend you have not seen in a long time, and get together if you can or talk about old fun times on the phone if you cant. 

2.  Deepen your releationship with your spouse by asking them about their issues, or worries and listen compassionately to their problems.  

3.  Get a cool hobby, such as playing chess, or improve your skills on your current hobby. 

4.  Go fishing...take a friend if you like, or a grandson.  

5.  Learn all about your favorite sports team..who is playing, who is not, etc.  

6.  Reconnect with a lost friend.  Try facebook.

7.  Forgive someone who has wronged you, call them and tell them you did, and why.  Dont worry about whether or not they forgive you back, just do your job and forgive.  If they are smart enough to pick up on your sincerity, then make friends with an old enemy.  Best reason to forgive old enemies:  God likes it enough he mentions "forgiveness" TWICE in the Lord's prayer.  If you think of a better reason to forgive, then use that instead.  

8.  Love you friends and family, think up something nice YOU CAN DO NOW to help them.  Its hard to do 2 things at once, so if you are thinking up nice things to do, then you may forget about your own worries.  Personally, I made my mother in law a folding table so she can put her laptop on it, she is elderly and can not sit well except in her favorite chair.  This allows her joy in getting online, she likes that, but can not do it.  Im delivering her folding table I made on Thursday.  

9.  Go to church and make amends with God.  

10.  Help someone that needs help, even if you can do nothing but listen and say, "Gee that's awful.  Do you want me to pray for you?"  If they say yes, then pray for/with them NOW.  

11.  Gee, if in doing this list (or make your own), you "forget" to worry, then you have accomplished your goal.  Its hard to worry about your own worries when you deliberately make a point to focus on helping others.  

12.  Become a Veterans advocate, and help other Veterans by answering their questions, especially with thoughtful and helpful answers.  

I have done ALL these things, and Im going through the list again to see if I forgot someone or something.  Oh, yes, that is what Im doing now.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

The Louisville RO was once a real crap-shoot to get your claim completed fairly.  In my case I had to move mine to the Huntington WV RO to even get the claim started......I won't bore you with the details, but things might have changed over the years, and with Trump throwing down the hammer , you could get a fair shake in round 1.  Best of Luck.

C&P tomorrow morning........doc is new, so I can't find him on the net to look at reviews........hospital said wife can't come into exam with me (She usually goes at my VAMC because I struggle)........trying to take Broncovets advice and focus elsewhere......but I'd be lying if I said i wasn't defcon 9 on anxiety right now!