VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Medical Facility (needed)

Rate this question

vlobo

Question

So today my claim for PTSD had a small update. It's still in the "gathering of Evidence" stage, but the "Needed from Others" changed to reflect "Va Medical Facility". What does this mean? They haven't even requested my private treatment records from the psychologist I meet regularly with. My Dr. was hesitant to give me the records and told me it's customary for the VA to request on their own. I submitted the form allowing my Dr. to release my records, but I haven't seen any activity that would suggest the VA has done so. What am I waiting on now? Any thoughts? Thanks! 

Good morning. More than likely you will be seen by a contract facility such as VES or QTC because the VA can not get you in to see a provider for a C&P in the near future. Mine was handled like this and I had a suspense date by the VA facility needed. Does yours have a suspense date?

Hi vlobo

If it was me I would not depend on the VA to request the records from your private Dr.  And I don't see any reason your Dr. would not give you your own records [he has to]. Get the records yourself and mail to the VA. I had a private evaluation done for my TDIU claim by a private vocational consulting firm and I know the VA never requested the records, as a matter of fact, my lawyer had to send in the report [twice] to the RO.

The Needed from Others is the VA requesting you records from whatever hospital or clinic you go to. Again, I have always got the records I thought were pertinent myself and sent them to the VA. And for what it's worth I always send in records thru the mail certified, that way you can prove the VA received them. Of course that does not mean they won't lose them or just ignore the evidence you put under their nose. Eventually though, they will have to consider the evidence you sent that is put in the C-file. 

Hello everyone-

I got a call from VES, a VA contractor, and they set me up for a C&P exam August 1. The gentleman told me it is not for a diagnosis or anything, it's simply to go over a DBQ (which I know a little bit about, but I don't think enough. The VA said they still have not requested my private records. Does this look like it's going south? Are they not interested in my records because they plan on shooting the claim down? I read somewhere that they would not have scheduled a C&P if they would not have verified stressors, but I also read that in order to get a rating, there has to be a diagnosis of PTSD. Not sure what else to do with my private doctor- I don't want to pressure him and he ends up dropping me. Any thoughts? 

We can not tell from this "whether or not its going south".  But maybe you can:

1.  Is this for a condition to which you are already SC?  

2.  Has this condition improved since your last exam? 

3.  Or, have you applied for new benefits?  

A C and P exam can be for a a) new service connnection b) increase and sometimes c) a reduction exam.  

Without more information we dont know if this is likely to go south or not.  

A.  If you have applied for new benefits, its probably a good thing.  

B.  If you are seeking an increase, its also good. 

C.  If this is a reduction exam, if your condition hasnt improved, you should have nothing to worry about.  The VA will give you 60 days notice in the event of a proposed reduction where you will be given an opportunity for a hearing to tell your side.  

• HadIt.com Elder

As broncovet mention  there's not enough information here to help you or give opinion....if this is for S.C. For PTSD have you been diagnose with it from the VA?.....Matter of Fact  you will need the diagnose for DSM 5 PTSD  Come from the VA Only.

if you have not been diagnose and go to a C&P Exam for this claim  you will be denied.  THE EXAMINER will read the box that says ''Does this veteran have a PTSD DIAGNOSE FROM THE VA? (X) No  that will deny your claim right there.

I assume you do have a PTSD S.C.....If this is for increase  you need to get your records and use as evidence   never depend on the VA for anything  especially getting your medical records, you can print your progress nots off of myhealthyvet or get copies from the ROI Desk at your VA.

Please give more information about your claim and rather or not its a new claim and/or  S.C. or increase for PTSD.  ...If not then what are you claiming?

It's for a new claim. I have not gone to a VA psychologist but my psychologist told me the VA refers patients to him all of the time (not sure what that means). I called the VA to ask why my records had not been requested and the lady told me that it could be a good thing. I called VES and they said this is not for a diagnosis at all, but only for a DBQ- again, no clue what that means. My doctor diagnosed me as "Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder".