VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

quick question

Rate this question

tylerb333

Question

I have all my evidence in, all C and P's completed, submitted all evidence RO asked for.  Should I hit the button asking for the BVA to proceed with deciding my claim?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yes,  of course!   Why would you want to delay your own claim, unless you had some "pending" evidence, such as an IMO/IME that had not arrived yet?   Dont expect it to do "too much good", tho, if you push that button.  

If you sent in new evidence, they may require a waiver of RO consideration, tho.  I had read the BVA no longer requires that, however, they delayed me for several months because I had not sent in a Waiver of RO consideration.  Anything to delay as long as possible is VA's motto.  

one more quick question.  About a month ago I saw a request for information from the VA medical facility.  Doesn't the BVA have access to that information?  And can the BVA see my mental health records?

No.  The VA can not access your records until/unless you authorize them to do so.  

Often, we sign a release authorizing Va to see our records at application, but not always.  

Also, since VA has a habit of shredding or losing our evidence, they may have lost that.  

If they asked for authorization from you to see your records, and you dont comply, expect to get denied.  Comply.  Dont even think about blowing off that request for information.