VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

I have come to learn my medical evidence was withheld all my life due to "ANTICIPATION OF LITIGATION", from what I gather, and the VA used a couple FOIA EXCEPTIONS OR EXEMPTIONS in withholding them. I am asking why the VA would anticipate me suing them before I even got discharged? Just asking. Thanks

Victor Ray

Vic,

I would be interested in where you found "ANTICIPATION OF LITIGATION". Not because I don't believe you, but, can it be a real thing in ones file at a medical instatution?

The reason I ask is my wife had some poor work done to her by a doctor and we are having a hard time finding some of the records, that in this case, would prove he was at fault, etc.

Again, while I believe you, I just can believe that is a thing.  But then again, nothing suprises me much anymore.

Thanks,

Hamslice

PS, how about a court order for your records...?

Edited by Hamslice
spelling

VR, the "I have come to learn" and "from what I gather" statements certainly needs some in depth explanation.

Could you post whatever Evidence (redacted) and it's source that leads you to this conclusion of the VA  colluding over the past 35+ yrs, in "Hiding Medical Evidence" from both your SMRs and VMC Medical Records?

Without factual evidence supporting your post, this sounds like an all too often "Conspiracy Theory."

Semper Fi

I had periods of depression and my medical records were witheld from me then.  Did you go to your "release of information" office at your VAMC and ask them for your records?  If you have not done this, then you should.  

If you remember VA is not a unified body, just "go to someone else" when employee A says no, and you usually get the deisred result, tho it may take several tries.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like BS from the VA just another one of their fiasco  to use to deny. or cover themselves .

Also, it sounds like you are likely a "Nehmer" class Vet.  You can contact the NVLSP and they will help you, including attorney representation at no cost to you if you qualify.

http://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/lawyers-serving-warriors/assistance-applying-for-combat-related-special-compensation?gclid=CjwKCAjw5PDLBRB0EiwAh-27Mregc0E4mVcD-a8Av2gtYBQSmEawrDvdBo0PB821w5QBNd5C71kQtBoCiAgQAvD_BwE

Let's go slow on assigning blame until we get the Complete Back-story and see the Evidence of wrongdoing. Collusion by VA employees for over 30 years in the "hiding" or "Withholding" of SMRs and VMC Med records "In Anticipation of Litigation" since the late 70s just seems to be a stretch.

Semper Fi