VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Ask VA to Decide your Claim Now." - for a DRO?

Rate this question

az arr

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I don't see it.  Moreover, that link doesn't make sense, because everyone would be clicking that link.  Furthermore, deciding a claim that isn't fully developed to render a decision isn't VA protocol. 

On Tuesday, August 01, 2017 at 4:40 PM, az arr said:

There is a link on Ebenefits that says "Ask the VA to Decide your Claim Now."   Why is that there? Does it do anything for a DRO review?    What happens if I click it or don't click it?

Thanks in advance

When you submit a claim and the VA posts it on eBenefits, there will be a link that will say Decide the claim now.  If you have everything the YOU can give them for your claim, go ahead and hit it.  It makes it a FDC claim and is supposed to spead it up.  However, if there is any questions or additional information needed from you, it just turns into a normal claim.  I have pressed it and nothing really happens.  My claim was no faster or shorter than others I have had.

Its not for an appeal (DRO review).  That goes normal speed, from what I'm told.

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
spelling

5 hours ago, Hamslice said:

Its not for an appeal (DRO review).  That goes normal speed, from what I'm told.

Thank you, I filed an appeal (DRO review) and for some reason that link appears it also says "(reopen)" next to my disabilities claimed (see below - cut and pasted from my ebenny page).  I didn't think this link should appear on a DRO review.  Again, thank you for your time.   

• Submitted: 01/18/2017 (Appeal)
  • Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim.
  • Disabilities Claimed: right shoulder (Reopen)
Edited by az arr

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, az arr said:

Thank you, I filed an appeal (DRO review) and for some reason that link appears it also says "(reopen)" next to my disabilities claimed (see below - cut and pasted from my ebenny page).  I didn't think this link should appear on a DRO review.  Again, thank you for your time.   

• Submitted: 01/18/2017 (Appeal)
  • Estimated Completion: At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim.
  • Disabilities Claimed: right shoulder (Reopen)

Hello Az Arr,

Did you ever find out what it mean by "reopen."  I am doing a DRO appeal as well and mine displays the same thing.  I am pending decision approval and want to make sure my original filing date is preserved.   I know that I got it to them on the last day to submit the appeal.  I am wondering if they will backpay to the original filing date or try to give me my appeal date.  Hopefully you still check this. 

Also, how far along are you?