VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible new AO presumptives coming

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Mrs. B, you're always on the Stick, thanks for the link.  Semper Fi

I sure am hoping that some of the disabilities being considered will be on the list-------hard to say---

HBP and Stroke, along with bladder cancer are being considered.......also Parkinsonian symptoms ( that are not actually diagnosed as Parkinsons) ...dont know what else is in the IOM report. If I have time I will try to find and post it here......

HBP would be BIG, and very costly for VA-but who cares on cost-----

If HBP becomes an AO presumptive, that alone is one of the most devastating disabilities that any incountry Vietnam vet could have...as it leads to stroke. I am asking my Prayer Warrior group at my church to pray for more AO presumptives. The VA might not even add anything...but HBP would be incredible and alter the lives of many Vietnam incountry veterans.

Any other new presumptives will help.

AO was a weapon of mass destruction that has caused catastrophic disability in many Vietnam vets.And many of them are already dead.

If this all leads to Nehmer # 4, there should  be  a provision for their survivors,  And hopefully a Footnote One scenario for any AO vet (dead or alive).

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 8/10/2017 at 8:36 AM, Berta said:

...also Parkinsonian symptoms ( that are not actually diagnosed as Parkinsons..

Could dementia potentially fall into this category?

Per this article-yes:

http://www.alz.org/dementia/parkinsons-disease-symptoms.asp

Since Parkinsons is already on the AO presumptive list, I guess they are looking further into pre -full blown Parkinsons symptoms.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 8/14/2017 at 9:57 AM, Berta said:

Per this article-yes:

http://www.alz.org/dementia/parkinsons-disease-symptoms.asp

Since Parkinsons is already on the AO presumptive list, I guess they are looking further into pre -full blown Parkinsons symptoms.

I am hopeful because I have a family member who served in Vietnam for a year and is in early stages, despite it not running in the family.

Bumping up- we might know by this Wednesday Nov, 1st, if Secretary Shulkin will add more disabilities to the AO presumptive list.

This will be, as far as I know,   the last IOM report  to be done, on any more potential Agent Orange disabilities.