VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU closed

Rate this question

srshawn

Question

First time posting here I'm sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Anyways hopefully someone could give me some insight to my question. FYI I'm still waiting on the BBE. So here's my question my unemployability claim has been closed as of 04 Aug 2017 with no signs of change in the VA letters or in the disability section but if I go to start a new claim and get to the disabilities page in that process it has unempoyability on the left side along with my other disabilities I was wondering if that's a good sign or if there is no meaning behind it. I know I know wait for the BBE but like most vets I'm very impatient.

Thank you for your time

• HadIt.com Elder

No  it means your still waiting for the decison for IU. just hang in ther  or you can call the 1-800 # and ask about your IU Claim   how is it going ect,,ect,,

However if you have other disability's you feel should be Service Connected  you can file a claim or claims for those now  or File for the Intent to File or ITF...This gives you a year to actually file and a 12 months of retro when you win these claims  if you have your probative evidence  then file the claim as a FDC.

sooner the better my friend.

IU being "closed" is a concern.  It wont be the first time that VA "closes" it without a decision.  However, like everyone else, you will have to wait for the BBE to be sure.  IU is sometimes closed if its "moot", that is if you are awarded 100 percent.  None of this means anything until you get the letter.  

SRS, was your claim for  IU filed as an FDC Claim?

Any chance you could get a copy of the IU Denial or whatever other correspondence that the "Tex Vet Comm" has received from the VA regarding your Denial? Posting a redacted copy would help us understand your Appeal Situation.

What's your current C-SC (%) Rating? Could you share with us a redacted copy of your 21-8940 IU Application?

Semper Fi