VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU closed

Rate this question

srshawn

Question

First time posting here I'm sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Anyways hopefully someone could give me some insight to my question. FYI I'm still waiting on the BBE. So here's my question my unemployability claim has been closed as of 04 Aug 2017 with no signs of change in the VA letters or in the disability section but if I go to start a new claim and get to the disabilities page in that process it has unempoyability on the left side along with my other disabilities I was wondering if that's a good sign or if there is no meaning behind it. I know I know wait for the BBE but like most vets I'm very impatient.

Thank you for your time

Sorry for the bad new, however, you can get a lawyer to help you now. If your claim is in appeals you will get a S#*@ load of letters from attorneys wanting to help with your appeal. Be careful which one you pick, there are many out there who know that most denials have mistakes and can get a remand on technical issues, and will be paid for that work. That does not necessarily mean they are working hard to win your claim. In other words; they make their book on just getting the remands.

Edited by Henrici

I was initially denied IU, I did not appeal.   I used new and material evidence to send for the RO to "relook" at my claim.  I had my psychiatrist and my neurologist both write letters for me.  I also used that social security had awarded me disability.  Those won me IU PT, within months, instead of years of waiting on appeals and becoming homeless living on less than poverty income with 3 children.  I would highly suggest looking into all your options before filing an appeal.  Have you filed for SSDI?  Will any of your doctors write letters on your behalf?  Best of luck.