VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C n P rationale and opinion interpretation

Rate this question

Bohnamvet26

Question

So I went to release of records and I got my c n p exam notes . it's States.

Based upon direct evaluation and review of the veterans service treatment records DSM-5 diagnosis of other specified trauma or stressor related disorder is provided. The trauma is.....(goes into my specific trauma) this diagnosis is a clarification of the adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood assigned in service

My questions is what diagnosis will I be service connected for?/ did the examiner provide the diagnosis for the OSTRD? I know ultimately the raters decide but from the examiners opinion do you think she's implying service connection?

My interpretation would be "clarification" of your previous diagnosis (Actually reading as symptomology of PTSD), he alludes to stressors....I'd say he is saying proper diagnosis would be PTSD, rather that a culmination of anxiety, depression and adjustment disorder. Just my .02

• HadIt.com Elder

They have been using the ''Unspecific ''Depressive Disorders for some time now, that covers a lot diagnostic codes from 9201  schizophrenia disorder to 9401 chronic adjustment disorder as to which you mention they have popped on you?... there's  boo-coo diagnostic codes.

They just have to figure it all out and then pop a code on you or two or three diagnostic codes...there most all caused from PTSD  so if you have a VA DSM 5 PTSD Diagnose....yes

In my opinion you should be rated for PTSD..This is there way to sort it all out.

Depending on how severe your symptoms are as to your rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Diagnostic codes are found in CFR 38 Part 4 subpart ( b) 4.130