VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second Remand

Rate this question

vetquest

Question

My case has been remanded for a second time by the BVA and I was wondering if there is any timeframe for the Nashville office to start working on the remand?  One of the "orders" was for back pay back to 2007 and the money would help out a lot right now.

Edited by vetquest

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Remands are always supposed to get 'expeditious' treatment by the ROs but that is just an undefined part of VA lingo.

I assume you mean that the BVA granted you an earlier effective date...?

Are you now Rated as IU and did you receive the estimated $21K, less Attorney fee, that you discussed in your July post?

Not all BVA or CAVC Remands have a positive outcome. Remands, either BVA or CAVC, generally receive Priority and are handled by a Sr Rater or DRO. 

Our concept of Priority Processing and that of the RO Rating Dept's is usually very different. I'm not sure but I don't recall a "REMAND" Section listed in the RO MMR (Monday Morning Report). Unless your BVA Appeal included a "Hardship Advancement," I'd say your Remand would be positioned at the bottom of your RO's Remand Pile, awaiting its progression to the top of the pile. First come, First served.

If possible, a posting of your redacted Remand would be very informative.

Semper Fi

Gastone, my appeal can be seen on the BVA decisions page now.  It is Citation number 1724920, and docket number 10-13 906A.  I have not received any back pay to date, I am waiting on the regional office to take care of that. The decision was positive in my favor for service connection and back pay.  The remand, the second one on this case, tells the regional office they were not in compliance with the 2013 remand.  I was hoping that this time around it would not take three years for them to get it done.

Thanks for the info, will give it a read.

Semper Fi