VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've been service connected since 1975 and haven't recieved a dime - NOD or DRO?

Rate this question

WomanMarine

Question

Okay ... got my denial letter today. I am totally blown away, but not surprised.

The V.A. has lost six months ... SIX months of physical therapy records.

These records prove that the condition from my DoD rated service-connected injury persisted after I was discharged.

As well as the fact that that they, at that time, rated it  at zero percent.

Five years later, I was on and off homeless and my knee gave out on me again, tearing ligaments. However this time, I was told that it was that it was the 'natural course' of my Recurrant Sublexing Patellar. AND this time my zero percent was taken away. Wouldn't one think, if previously diagnosed with "RECURRANT" sublextion and there was currently a diagnosis of torn ligaments that the injury has NOT repaired itself? :o

Because of my homelessness, I moved around a lot and have no idea if there was a chance to disagree with this finding. but it is something I clearly have to deal with today, as this 'life long' injury has effected my employment and my knee and back are only going to get worse.

So ... moving forward, I have an appointment with my RO to review my C-File this week! I was impressed with that, but not sure what I may glean. I am told the only way I can get a complete copy is if I submit a FOIA, and it can take several months, depending on the file. But I can get individual copies and hope to get some info on the 1980 decision.

I got the appointment through the 1-800#.

If this would be as simple is showing the VA had a CUE in 1980 should I go for a DRO because it will take less time? And then later file for retro, if I can prove my case?

Or does it appear that I am SOL?

:(

Original thread: I've been service connected since 1975 and haven't received a dime

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Is there a County VSO Office nearby?

Can't recall if you ever mentioned being Rep'd by a VSO. I think it's been about a year or so now, but any VSR; Certified Claims Agent; or VA Lawyer that has your POA can directly access your C-File. 

Give consideration to visiting your VSR or Switching to a County VSR. Have a list of specific dates to research and get print Copies.

Have you filed the VA C-File FOIA yet?

Semper Fi

5 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Is there a County VSO Office nearby?

Can't recall if you ever mentioned being Rep'd by a VSO. I think it's been about a year or so now, but any VSR; Certified Claims Agent; or VA Lawyer that has your POA can directly access your C-File. 

Give consideration to visiting your VSR or Switching to a County VSR. Have a list of specific dates to research and get print Copies.

Have you filed the VA C-File FOIA yet?

Semper Fi

I have a VSO, but as helpful as 'tits on a hog' ... Which is kind of 'unkind' as she is new, but one would think they would train before they would replace. However, at this time, I may know more than she ... and that is not saying much!

I will be handing in a FOIA when I visit the V.A. to get the complete record.

I am still looking for an attorney, but figure I will do better once I understand what is the exact position of the V.A., as it does not make sense to me, at this time.

Semper Fi!