VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety C & P Completed

Rate this question

sandiegonavyvet

Question

Good Morning,

Just wanted to share my experience during my Anxiety C & P. This site has helped me so much...I plan on sharing what is going on with everyone.

So I had my Anxiety C & P yesterday at QTC. Very nice Doctor, that asked me so many questions. She asked me about my childhood and about my time in the service. We went over limitations at work and recent transfers due to accommodation from my employer because they were made aware that I am a disabled vet due to my Restrictive Lung Disease. The Doctor was nice enough to tell me to look out for things like this with employer, because they are not supposed to treat me any different unless I ask for accomodations of my job performance is declining. I think that was very nice of her.

I think it went really well, she did mention that she knows that Respiratory Disease and Anxiety, short term memory loss,  go hand in hand and that she feels like this is brought on or aggravated by my Bronchiecstasis, Aspergilliosis, Sleep Apnea, and Asthma. She was very well prepared and surprised me because she mentioned things about my medical condition that you would not know of unless you read my file. She took the time to review my file beforehand. At one time she told me "I noticed that the provider mentioned on your previous C & P that she believes this disease is related to your service" I told her I was not aware of anything from my previous C & P because my is still being worked on. She mentioned that she noticed that I was very proud of my service, and that she sees a lot of vets that come in to the appointment and are negative, and are angry at the VA or angry at the system, and that some veterans think that the doctors and the VA are there to hurt them and go against them. She told me "I do not sense that from you, because I can tell you are proud of your service, and you have an actual disease that is affecting your quality of life." I told her it was the best thing I have done in my life. She asked me "if you knew that you would get this Lung Disease before I joined what would you have done?" I told her I would do it all over again without hesitation.

FYI: She did take a lot of notes while I was talking and I think I was starting to get a bit anxious during the exam. At one point she noticed I was fidgety and moving around a lot. She did her best to make me feel relaxed. And I did get a bit sentimental, which I hate doing in front of people, when she asked me what am I afraid of. I told her I am afraid of the future for my children, not being able to be there for them is the scariest thing in the world, because I have noticed and felt the limitations and the seriousness of my condition, that I have a feeling of uncertainty.

She took about 40 minutes with me, offered to check me out instead of lining up at the front desk, and told me she would type of the report, send it to VA the same day, and they go from there.

Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to share my experience.

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like you had a Fair C&P and a good Dr.

but be aware of the things they mention  until you can get her Report Back.

Read what she mention in her report and what boxes she checked.

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

It sounds like you had a Fair C&P and a good Dr.

but be aware of the things they mention  until you can get her Report Back.

Read what she mention in her report and what boxes she checked.

Much Appreciated, Buck52.

I was looking into how to get my C & P report. I might have to wait a bit. But I am hoping all is well.

Thanks again!

• HadIt.com Elder

If this was a QTC C&P Exam,  they should have sent you a package for the date/time and location for your Exam, and some papers letting you know how to fax your travel pay and get conformation to send the VA AND & Also how to get your copy of  the exam.....if not wait about 2 or 3 weeks after the exam date and check with the VBA Office (Veterans Benefit Administration) at your local VAMC, Request a copy for this exam that was on this (date)

I don't think it will be at your local VAMC?

...But you can go to release of In formations Records Dept sign a FOIA and request this exam be sure and ask for the exam date. if they have it you can get a copy. matter fact do this first.