VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

cwt

Rate this question

vet90

Question

Question-

I'm helping another veteran with  their tdiu claim and was asked the following question: Would participating in CWT program interfere with pursuing a TDIU claim? This is the understanding I've gathered from the veteran thus far: The veteran began VA outpatient patient pain clinic (last month) and part of that process is to be evaluated by the VA hospital VR counselor. Also, last month prior to participating in the pain program the veteran also received a letter of infeasibility from a VR counselor in the St. Pete regional office. There seems to be a conflict of interest between VR counselor at the Tampa va hospital and St. Petersburg regional office VR counselor.  According to the veteran the pain clinic VR counselor says participating in the CWT program wouldn't interfere with anything if the veteran were to pursue TDIU because CWT is considered a PROGRAM which pays minimum wage and not an actual job. Feedback needed. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Huh?  To get TDIU, you need:

Service connected conditions AND a nexus statement that says you are "unable to maintain SGE due to SC condtions"

This sounds incompatable with CWT, which states:

Welcome to the Department of Veterans Affairs website for Compensated Work Therapy. Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) is a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) vocational rehabilitation program that endeavors to match and support work ready veterans in competitive jobs, and to consult with business and industry regarding their specific employment needs. In some locations CWT is also known as Veterans Industries; these designations are synonymous.

Source:  https://www.va.gov/health/cwt/

Trying to tell one part of VA that you are "work ready" and another part you are "unable to obtain and maintain SGE due to SC conditions" sounds like you should be applying as a VA executive..this sounds like someone they need as you will obviously need shielding from the law you get through the VAOIG.  I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe you can get IU with CWT, But it ''maybe'' on a Temporary  bases

Contact the CWT Coordinator in your state.