VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iatrogenic--question For Joel (or Anyone)

Rate this topic

Guest Morgan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I would suggest a visit to this website, basically "iatrogenic" is a fancy way of saying "It's the medical profession's fault."

http://www.iatrogenic.org/

Anticoagulation is a general term, and it depends upon the underlying problem as to how it is used. This site should be helpful;

http://www.aafp.org/afp/990201ap/635.html

I would suggest a 'Google' search for this term, as there are many references, depending upon the initial diagnosis.

It does suggest however that there MAY BE a possible 1151 claim somewhere in this.

Guest joelsloan
What does "iatrogenic anticoagulation" mean? This is documented in a vet's medical records along with INR=5.62.

Iatrogenic generally means that it occurred because of some action by a healthcare provider. In this instance it is referring to the use of Coumadin to prolong the clotting time of the blood. The INR is the test used to measure the degree to which the clotting time increased.

Joel Sloan RN

Guest Morgan
Iatrogenic generally means that it occurred because of some action by a healthcare provider. In this instance it is referring to the use of Coumadin to prolong the clotting time of the blood. The INR is the test used to measure the degree to which the clotting time increased.

Joel Sloan RN

Thanks, Joel.

So that means it is not necessarily a medical error, just that it was part of a medical decision, right?

I've been thinking about you lately. I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. How are you doing?