VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Initiating re-evaluation for SC issues

Rate this question

ozifish

Question

I have just started the process to re-evaluate my disabilities and am seeking advice.  I claimed issues with knee after ACL reconstruction, and got 0%...I understand that my ROM might have been fine, but not without pain...they also said I could walk with normal gait.  I got 10% for lumbar strain with degenerative changes, and got 0% for bone spur with degenerative changes.  The problem is that I did not have enough pain for them to rate higher than 0 for several of my issues.  They did however do x-rays and noted that there were a few issues that I did not claim that I should get service connected....most of them are the other appendage (ie. I claimed left knee, they noted similar issues with right, etc).  Well long story short, things have worsened and walking and doing day to day activities are not so pain free.  I am starting the reevaluation process and would like to get any advice for when the C&P evals take place.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

do your homework look at the DBQ remember the pain you experience I started keeping a log that my wifekeeps me from misplacing that I keep my TBI occurances  or my PTSD nightmares and write what I remember which also helps with your treatment at the VA hospital. I cant remember from one day to the next but my wife helps me wth the lagging memory and what I write down sparks the memory sometimes....

Thanks for the input jfrei.....most of my issues are musculoskeletal and degenerative.  Things have gotten worse over the last 7 or so years since getting out...knees, feet, hips, back, shoulders.  I cant believe they only rated me at 10% for my lumbar problems and 0% for knees, feet, hips, and such.  Things have really degraded over the years and I'm sure they should have a higher disability rating.  I guess when I get to the next C & P I need to ensure the doctor knows what level of pain I do have and not just suck it up and push through any pain.