VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apparently approved from 50 - 80% - but....

Rate this question

mudduck31

Question

I filed an appeal and new claim - I received a letter almost two weeks ago with 4 of the new claims all denied with 0%.  I did not receive my Appeal letter regarding the other three so I called my VSO and they looked me up and stated that I went from 50% - 80% for my other three issues - one went up to 60% alone retro to 2013.  I was rated at a total 50%....my new ones are 60% and two 10% - so apparently 80% + 50% = 80%....anywho...I am happy with this news, however, I called the VA to ask where that letter is and the guy on the phone was super rude, stated that my VSO should have kept his mouth shut as it wasn't finalized yet, blah, blah....I asked if it wasn't finalized then why could he see the information?  Still no answers and he refused to state anything that my VSO told me.  So now I am sitting here wondering what is going on and if it is true and if so - when can I expect my letter and back pay to 2013?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  So far I have completed both claims on my own - I have elected a VSO - but they do nothing....not even sure why I have one.....Thanks!  I posted this on September 11th - can no one help?

Edited by mudduck31
No responses...

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Not all VSO's are created equal. It was nice of them to give you some internal information, but the person who took your call should have opted to tell you to wait for a letter in the mail instead instead of complaining about what your VSO did. You could probably redial the toll free number and get a completely different experience from the next person who takes your call.

It is pretty common for the VA to award/deny some claims quickly and keep others open longer depending on the circumstances.

With the VSO telling you that retro for your increase goes back to 2013, it sounds like your claims were on the VARO appeal/NOD track. If that is the case, it is not unusual for a month or so to go by before receiving a decision letter.

You just have to wait for the envelope and the decision and then we can advise whether or not to appeal.  Its hard for us to give advice based on ebenefits, or even what a VSO said, as neither are reliable.