VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you do if a Vet Center Therapist has lied about you in the notes?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Next time you have a session with him/her ask them about what he said in the notes   ...make some copies of the notes and take them with you  and ask him to make an Andrum/Admendment and make it correct.

Do this is a nice appropriate way.

Remember once any thing is added into Record  it will always be there they can't delete anything on record  but they can make an amendment to it for corrections  and the old notes will be moot.

if he/she says no  then go see your Patient Advocate .

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

You know my Vet Center wrote a letter for me back in 2002 saying I had severe and chronic PTSD.  The VA completely ignored all my doctors and came up with a DX of chronic schizophrenia.  I don't have schizophrenia, nor ever had it.      So even when your Vet Center says something the VA is likely to ignore it.   The VA says now that I have MDD and Anxiety unspecified type.   Just get the rating and the money.

With respect to your post, how did the VA Clinician "Lie?" You're talking about "Treatment Notes," correct. Is it possible that you misunderstood the Dr's question or the Dr misinterpreted your answer?  Calling anyone a Lier should be backed up with facts, not conjecture.

Any VA Treatment Note becomes part of the Vet's permanent VMC Medical File, it won't be removed. The VMC does have a form, ask the VMC Patient Advocate or your PCP for it, that will allow you to place a rebuttal to the offending "Treatment Note." Take a deep breath before you fill it out, consider not alleging a lie was perpetrated by your Dr. Just state your rebuttal facts.

Ask yourself, why do Men & Women Lie? There are all the obvious reasons that quickly come to mind. Can you associate any of these reasons to your VA Clinician?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Perhaps the Vet Center "doctor" has gotten the word that they don't want any more substantiated PTSD claims that are aided by VA therapist.   Is your VA Vet Center counselor a psychiatrist.   Clinical psychologist and psychiatrists opinions over top all the other social workers and counselors.  Did this vet center doc make a DX based on something you did not say or reveal? 

3 hours ago, Gastone said:

With respect to your post, how did the VA Clinician "Lie?" You're talking about "Treatment Notes," correct. Is it possible that you misunderstood the Dr's question or the Dr misinterpreted your answer?  Calling anyone a Lier should be backed up with facts, not conjecture.

Any VA Treatment Note becomes part of the Vet's permanent VMC Medical File, it won't be removed. The VMC does have a form, ask the VMC Patient Advocate or your PCP for it, that will allow you to place a rebuttal to the offending "Treatment Note." Take a deep breath before you fill it out, consider not alleging a lie was perpetrated by your Dr. Just state your rebuttal facts.

Ask yourself, why do Men & Women Lie? There are all the obvious reasons that quickly come to mind. Can you associate any of these reasons to your VA Clinician?

Semper Fi

The therapist claimed I had problems establishing relationships my entire life when we never discussed anything about my life before I joined the military.

3 hours ago, john999 said:

Perhaps the Vet Center "doctor" has gotten the word that they don't want any more substantiated PTSD claims that are aided by VA therapist.   Is your VA Vet Center counselor a psychiatrist.   Clinical psychologist and psychiatrists opinions over top all the other social workers and counselors.  Did this vet center doc make a DX based on something you did not say or reveal? 

It's a counselor with less than a PH.D.  Yes, the counselor wrote that I had problems my entire life establishing relationships. That's not true and I can easily prove it. It's annoying because it invalidates that my problems with relationships started because of PTSD.

Edited by kent101