VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you do if a Vet Center Therapist has lied about you in the notes?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

K, are you currently SC'd for PTSD? If not, why not, have you filed the PTSD FDC?

If your already SC'd for PTSD, this minor mix-up won't affect your SC Rating. How long was the "Treatment Note" associated Treatment Session with this Clinician (PTSD Social Worker or Psychologist)?

Is your VMC MH Department listed on your MHV Secure Message provider Contacts? If not, the Supervisor of the Vet Learning Center at your VMC can add a link to the VMC MH Dept to your Secure Message List of providers. Send a Secure Message via MHV to the MH Dept Head discussing your Treatment Notes concern. Don't add the "LIE" comment, it doesn't help.

FYI, the basic definition of a "LIE" is, to make a "False statement made with Deliberate Intent to Deceive."                                                                              Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

The best way to deal with this is to get your own psychiatrist to reinterpret what the counselor said and show that it is wrong and an incorrect spin on any medical facts you revealed.   When VA counselors and shrinks start trying to say your problems proceeded your military service that always smacks to me of them getting the word to quell PTSD claims or mental health claims.   I would never go back to that counselor so he/she can't do any more damage.  Go to a VA psychiatrist.

5 hours ago, Gastone said:

K, are you currently SC'd for PTSD? If not, why not, have you filed the PTSD FDC?

If your already SC'd for PTSD, this minor mix-up won't affect your SC Rating. How long was the "Treatment Note" associated Treatment Session with this Clinician (PTSD Social Worker or Psychologist)?

Is your VMC MH Department listed on your MHV Secure Message provider Contacts? If not, the Supervisor of the Vet Learning Center at your VMC can add a link to the VMC MH Dept to your Secure Message List of providers. Send a Secure Message via MHV to the MH Dept Head discussing your Treatment Notes concern. Don't add the "LIE" comment, it doesn't help.

FYI, the basic definition of a "LIE" is, to make a "False statement made with Deliberate Intent to Deceive."                                                                              Semper Fi

I'm SC'd for PTSD. The Vet Center doesn't share information with the VAMC unless I authorize it. It doesn't hurt as long as I keep those notes private. It seems deliberate when a therapist makes something up about my childhood when my childhood was never discussed.

4 hours ago, john999 said:

The best way to deal with this is to get your own psychiatrist to reinterpret what the counselor said and show that it is wrong and an incorrect spin on any medical facts you revealed.   When VA counselors and shrinks start trying to say your problems proceeded your military service that always smacks to me of them getting the word to quell PTSD claims or mental health claims.   I would never go back to that counselor so he/she can't do any more damage.  Go to a VA psychiatrist.

Thanks, that's what I suspect is going on. It seems the therapist is trying to create a long list of making it look like I'm getting better and better when nothing has changed. Thankfully the VAMC doesn't have access to those notes. I'll change therapist.

So your already PTSD SC'd, 50 or 70%? This minor non-Psychiatrists "Treatment Note" regarding your childhood is of little or no consequence to your current rating. Did the Clinician offer a copy of his/her's treatment Notes during or after the session?

If this really bothers you to the point of distraction, considering it in no way trumps your C & P PTSD DBQ, you could as J999 suggested contact (MHV Secure Mesg) your VMC Psychiatrist regarding same. Just might help you to lessen the obvious anxiety that this has caused.

Strictly my Lay opinion, Private and VA MH Clinicians draw conclusions based on what Vets say and react to certain questions. If you can maintain your cool, you might give thought to having another session with the non-VMC Clinician and discuss your "Treatment Note" concern in-person. This discussion would/should show up in the subsequent Treatment Note.

Semper Fi

On 9/17/2017 at 6:39 AM, Gastone said:

So your already PTSD SC'd, 50 or 70%? This minor non-Psychiatrists "Treatment Note" regarding your childhood is of little or no consequence to your current rating. Did the Clinician offer a copy of his/her's treatment Notes during or after the session?

If this really bothers you to the point of distraction, considering it in no way trumps your C & P PTSD DBQ, you could as J999 suggested contact (MHV Secure Mesg) your VMC Psychiatrist regarding same. Just might help you to lessen the obvious anxiety that this has caused.

Strictly my Lay opinion, Private and VA MH Clinicians draw conclusions based on what Vets say and react to certain questions. If you can maintain your cool, you might give thought to having another session with the non-VMC Clinician and discuss your "Treatment Note" concern in-person. This discussion would/should show up in the subsequent Treatment Note.

Semper Fi

The therapist said it's not their place to be judgemental and they can't diagnose. Yet in the treatment notes the therapist said it's in my "nature" to a have a certain emotion. Isn't that a slick way of not diagnosing but implying that it's my "personality". No, the emotion started after my PTSD got worse, it's not "natural" to me. 

Then the therapist claimed I didn't need any more coping techniques when I was never asked what my coping techniques are.

I'm highly rated for PTSD. The way I see it the therapist was judgemental and indirectly trying to pin me with a personality disorder. The VA doesn't have access to those notes. I'll fix my situation by getting a new therapist.

Edited by kent101