VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you do if a Vet Center Therapist has lied about you in the notes?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Whatever works to lessen your obvious Anxiety, which is part & parcel of your Forensic C & P PTSD DX.

In addition to just seeing another MH therapist, give consideration to attending a weekly VMC MH Dept PTSD Group therapy session. Their very helpful and may give you the skills and comradery to lessen your symptoms. 

I did 21/2 yrs of VMC  Official Group and about 6 of the group have continued to meet EOW for the past 4 yrs. It did and does continue to help.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

My 2 cents

I think the Therapist get a BONUS for every veteran they say that has improved   its a ...kind of a feather in there cap..so to speak

OK,  R.O. Reads these notes on occasion and sends the proposal to reduce..

If you tell the therapist nothing seems to help you get better '' other than the medications'' for help with sleep & NM's and night sweats  ect,,ect,,, ( hell why not they knock us out)   anyway just tell your therapist what he says to try...> don't work.

The therapist should try other ways to help you cope & explain things better , this cognitive therapy don't seem to help me at all.

Beings I don't like to be around others  group therapy is not for me..I do better one on one.

My therapist he ask me to try to forgive myself and when I do that I'll get better...what do I forgive my self for?  I ask God Almighty to forgive my sins  and that's about all  and of course other love ones around me for making there life miserable.

If a Veteran has any common sense at all he can cope and get by the best way he can..I Isolate my self and don't like to be around anyone  or socialize or what ever  but the Isolation seems to help me...well my therapist says not a good Ideal to do that it only makes things worse..I disagree with him.

I just don't tell him that, those LCSW have spent a lot of hours in classes about making the mind better that they try to instill in veterans  and I'd say 80% of us that have at least a 50/100% will not get any better  but we can learn to cope.

As long as I don't hurt anyone or myself I see nothing wrong with that...a veteran needs to do what helps him cope and get by in life.

I don't think they will ever find a cure for PTSD  once you are traumatized victimized  your screwed up in the head for life.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

kent

A LCSW/ therapist is not qualified to Diagnose DEM-5 PTSD

A LICENSE/CERTIFIED PSYCHIATRIST or Medical Dr trained and certified in this field of medicine & employed by the VA has that responsibility to make a Diagnose for DSM-5  PTSD

13 hours ago, Buck52 said:

My 2 cents

I think the Therapist get a BONUS for every veteran they say that has improved   its a ...kind of a feather in there cap..so to speak

OK,  R.O. Reads these notes on occasion and sends the proposal to reduce..

If you tell the therapist nothing seems to help you get better '' other than the medications'' for help with sleep & NM's and night sweats  ect,,ect,,, ( hell why not they knock us out)   anyway just tell your therapist what he says to try...> don't work.

The therapist should try other ways to help you cope & explain things better , this cognitive therapy don't seem to help me at all.

Beings I don't like to be around others  group therapy is not for me..I do better one on one.

My therapist he ask me to try to forgive myself and when I do that I'll get better...what do I forgive my self for?  I ask God Almighty to forgive my sins  and that's about all  and of course other love ones around me for making there life miserable.

If a Veteran has any common sense at all he can cope and get by the best way he can..I Isolate my self and don't like to be around anyone  or socialize or what ever  but the Isolation seems to help me...well my therapist says not a good Ideal to do that it only makes things worse..I disagree with him.

I just don't tell him that, those LCSW have spent a lot of hours in classes about making the mind better that they try to instill in veterans  and I'd say 80% of us that have at least a 50/100% will not get any better  but we can learn to cope.

As long as I don't hurt anyone or myself I see nothing wrong with that...a veteran needs to do what helps him cope and get by in life.

I don't think they will ever find a cure for PTSD  once you are traumatized victimized  your screwed up in the head for life.

jmo

It's hurt my trust in the Vet Center. I thought you could open up more there without it coming back to haunt you, apparently not. I need those treatment notes for my next C&P whenever that may be. I now know that I can't stray from the topic of my PTSD because the therapist can use anything I say against me. From now on all I'm talking about is PTSD symptoms and nothing more.

13 hours ago, Buck52 said:

kent

A LCSW/ therapist is not qualified to Diagnose DEM-5 PTSD

A LICENSE/CERTIFIED PSYCHIATRIST or Medical Dr trained and certified in this field of medicine & employed by the VA has that responsibility to make a Diagnose for DSM-5  PTSD

Thanks, I was already SC'd for PTSD during my last C&P exam by a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist is a veteran and has PTSD too.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That.

Remember in a therapy session we can talk about anything we want to talk about .

if you find things that help your PTSD/anxiety  Share it with your therapist  and be sure to let him know that if you don't do it or do the things that you have learned along the way to make you cope better  your anxiety will go through the rough...my therapist says I tend to mask mine feelings of reality by going to my room to Isolate my self   when I have panic attacks. He says I am judging people and know what their thinking...I said I don't know what their thinking  its what I'm thinking  eh!!!

I do understand when he says I'm  making things worse on my self to go to my room when I have panic attacks...maybe so  but its what helps me.