VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you do if a Vet Center Therapist has lied about you in the notes?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 9/15/2017 at 2:08 PM, john999 said:

Perhaps the Vet Center "doctor" has gotten the word that they don't want any more substantiated PTSD claims that are aided by VA therapist.   Is your VA Vet Center counselor a psychiatrist.   Clinical psychologist and psychiatrists opinions over top all the other social workers and counselors.  Did this vet center doc make a DX based on something you did not say or reveal? 

I don't know, but I do know the therapist was doing a hatchet job on me. My character was maligned in the treatment notes. The notes claimed I'm "naturally(personality)" negative and "Clearly never had any close relationships in life".  I was already service connected for PTSD before ever seeing this therapist. I dumped the therapist and changed to a new one.

Edited by kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

When these VA therapist don't like you for some reason they will do a hatchet job on you regardless of how much damage they may do in the long run.  Back in the 1980's I had a C&P exam and the doctor asked nothing but leading questions to "guide" the interview to show I was a personality disorder which cannot be service connected.  Like you I was already service connected so the doctor's scheme did not work. If I had not been SC'ed for 10 years the VA may have tried to sever my SC.

Have any other of your Private or VA MH Clinicians agreed with your assessment of the Accused Clinician actually lying or misrepresenting the facts of your DX?

It's probably not out of the question that a MH Clinician with an ax to grind towards an offending Vet would lie or misrepresent certain treatment notes. Provide your allegations and supportive proofs to the VA in writing. If the Clinician is a habitual offender, it's best to add to the record, at some point the VA will have to remove the offender from interactions with MH Vets.

Did you mention if you'd had any discussion with the offending Clinician regarding the perceived Lie?                                   Semjper Fi

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

Have any other of your Private or VA MH Clinicians agreed with your assessment of the Accused Clinician actually lying or misrepresenting the facts of your DX?

It's probably not out of the question that a MH Clinician with an ax to grind towards an offending Vet would lie or misrepresent certain treatment notes. Provide your allegations and supportive proofs to the VA in writing. If the Clinician is a habitual offender, it's best to add to the record, at some point the VA will have to remove the offender from interactions with MH Vets.

Did you mention if you'd had any discussion with the offending Clinician regarding the perceived Lie?                                   Semjper Fi

This therapist told me I could talk to his supervisor when I canceled our therapy. Makes me wonder if the supervisor doesn't care what this therapist does?

I was going to report this therapist to the state but it appears this therapist isn't licensed with the state. I guess it's because the Vet Center is a federal job and they don't require state licensing?

These notes aren't recorded with the VA so I'll just blank out with a marker what I don't want them to see if I use them at the next C&P exam. The Vet Center doesn't share with the VA unless authorized.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone & john999  their right on!

Quote from you

''These notes aren't recorded with the VA so I'll just blank out with a marker what I don't want them to see if I use them at the next C&P exam. The Vet Center doesn't share with the VA unless authorized.''

you may want to  Double check these records from Release of Information Desk

or look on Myhealthvet Notes to make sure their not in them???

blanking out any parts of information  VA Related  they will disqualify as evidence.

you can hi-lite the parts you want them to see & read.

I mention to my VA Therapist that Nothing he has mention to me seems to be helping me   , he said if I have tried it and was sincere about it   then he said we will try something else.  he said ever how long it takes   he has nothing but time to work with me on these sessions...so I think I got a Fairly decent therapist now finally.

However  to the contrary I have not got any better in the last two years I been seeing him, I seem to have higher anxiety attacks more often after starting therapy

and  even still he writes down things that was not said in the session  so I am careful about the things I do say to him.

Edited by Buck52

Kent, 

Sorry to hear of your issues bud. As stated above, as long as the VA granted you SC and paying you, dont sweat the little stuff. I was Molested as a child, and did not remember until I was Hypnotized a few years ago while at a Mental Hospital the Navy put me in while active. Makes sense why I felt off for years. It did not affect my War time served and me getting SC for PTSD. I have lost count now, but I believe over 20 C&Ps since 2013, and I can not tell you how much info is wrong in my VA Notes. Try not to let it control you. Good luck and GOd Bless. Wish you the Best