VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

smc math

Rate this topic

Yes, there is a recent case where "va math" was upheld beyond 100 percent.  However, two 50 percents combine to 75 percent which rounds up to 80 percent so you should be good to go for smc s.  However, they have to be "seperate and distinct", and you did not include that information in your post.  

you guys amaze me all the time.. yes migraines 50 percent and sleep apnea 50 percent.. thank you so much..  My depression has gotten worse, where i need someone around because i'm a mess and my place will just be trashed along with me not taking care of myself and getting out of bed for days at a time some days.. plus i just cant seem to keep things in order or eating healthy on my own.. so i applied for aid and attandence after reading what you guys have put.. so i was just curious if i get 100 for depression 50 sleep and 50 migraines what it would be and if aid and attandance.. it should be comeing bak to me in about a month.. just had c and p exam .. thank you guys so much with out you icould not figure this out.

Edited by adkins7b

A and A is a higher level of compensation than SMC S.  Also, there are different levels of Aid and Attendance, too, mostly depending upon the "degree" of the person providing care for you.  For example, If you need a full time nurse to change IV's and what not, then . your A and A will be higher than if you just need someone to help you get dressed and maybe help you to the bathroom.  

You're doing "What Ifs," right? What SC's make up your current indicated 100% SC Rating?

Might have to defer to Ask Nod for the actual 411 on A & A vs Housebound, but in general A & A is for VA Pension Vets, whereas Comp Housebound SMC S or S (1) is strictly awarded as a non-taxable comp Award to SC'd Vets.

Your question regarding the "If you have 1 SC rated at 100% and (2) individual SC's rated each at 50%," you would qualify for SMC S (1) Scheduler Housebound, without meeting the requirements listed on the VA required Physician Housebound application.  This Housebound Application must be completed by the Vet's Treating Physician. This is not an easy Award, you actually have to meet VA Housebound requirements, unlike the SMC S (1).

Semper Fi 

Could I get some advice and a push in the right direction if possible please? I am 100% p&t for bipolar since 2011. I was recently hospitalized and the doctor diagnosed me there with MST PTSD. He wrote this in my records  and I believe I can prove service connection for this issue. I don't know if I can get additional SMC or if it will only serve to change my bipolar diagnosis to something else to include the ptsd or is it a seperate and different issue? I certainly don't want to lose what I already have. What to do? How to proceed if at all?? Thanks so much.

Bonnie