VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

federal employment question

I just read on another site that after 18 months of federal employment any veteran with disability rating (this is how I understand it) can retire with federal pension of some sort and also their VA disability.  This seems a little out there, and I don't know any more about it than that post.  Any help would be appreciated, as to truth of this, amounts, etc.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a young man back in the early 60's, all Male and probably Female School Teachers, all had Summer Jobs because of their low base wages.

I assume it was because of the low wages paid to Teachers and Govt workers at that time, but I often heard from middle age adults, "Men with ambition and a yearning for substantial income didn't become Teachers or work for the Fed or Local Govt.

They may have not had high paying jobs back in the 60's & 70's but look at them now. Total compensation and Retirement packages are out of sight.

You should get the Govt Job if you can, regardless of the 18 month for retirement.

Semper Fi