VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy got confused after 1 hour

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

This is a copy of my reward letter she said over the phone I'm 90% P and T with IU giving me 100%. I said I'm confused why why would the letter say I'm 100% Pemanent and total if your telling me I'm only 90 the letter is dated June 8th from my RO. She said that letter makes IU moot and it hasn't been updated on Ebenefits. Not sure if I believe here? Can I get what the meaning of this letter is I just wanted to ask if this makes me PT scheduler 100% she was confused when she read the letter because in her system she said it says only 90% is P and T... now I'm confusioned with moot ness especially since I have an active appeal and a claim the claim was decided I'm waiting on the notification for my rating for chronic adjustment disorder lumped in with my sTBI and ptsd. I'm just hoping they saw the bva granted me 100 for my ptsd TBI before they made this decision.

IMG_6808.JPG

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You are P &T. The phrase about dependant education benefits is the tell. If you were 100% schedular but not P&T you wouldn't have that bit about DEA in there. Your printed letter off Ebenefits should have a check box on it for 100% permanent and total (at the bottom after it prints) provided you check all the boxes when you are selecting what you want it to print on your benefit letter. Make sure you talk to your County Treasurer about whether or not you qualify for any discounts for car registration and homestead exemption, too. Check your State uni's and see if they offer tuition remission or partial tuition waiver for dependents of 100% disabled veterans, too. Many states do, some don't, your college website will usually tell you on their page for financial aid. 

So I'm sorry to sound like a newbie I'm still trying to figure out if IU is moot or what. The letter also says they granted this the day they made me IU at 100%.

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei

Check the EOB on e-benefits  they break it down on what you are rated for  per each  S.C. Disability # % & location  they  occurred/happen. 

I'd say if there's no mention about your IU  Then consider that Moot.

Yeha and Peggy just said I'm awaiting final review someone messaged me from the Va saying my decision. Is 2 to 3 days away. And now it's back to Prep for a decision yet again I seriously hate this game!!  Another called they say it's been updated to Prep for notification oct  30 completion date so confused going to drive me insane called back again bc the woman before spoke very little English and I couldn't understand her but apparently it is back in Prep for a decision WTF 

Edited by jfrei