VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C P Rectal Exam?

Rate this question

Sarman

Question

I went to my CP exam today for Migraine, Muscle spasms, neck pain and erectile dysfunction.      To my surprise, the examiner mentioned she was directed to give me a rectal exam?  Seemed out of the ordinary?  Not sure what a rectal exam had to do with my disabilities?  I refused the rectal.  Did this request ever happen to anyone else? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
15 hours ago, Sarman said:

I went to my CP exam today for Migraine, Muscle spasms, neck pain and erectile dysfunction.      To my surprise, the examiner mentioned she was directed to give me a rectal exam?  Seemed out of the ordinary?  Not sure what a rectal exam had to do with my disabilities?  I refused the rectal.  Did this request ever happen to anyone else? 

Welcome to Hadit!

That may have been to check your prostate and also hemorrhoids/polyps. An abnormally enlarged prostate can be a cause of ED or other issues.

• HadIt.com Elder

sarman

you should have complied with the C&P Examiner (jmo)

I can't say what your rating may end up ? but it don't make you look good as for as an examination to deny the examination.....unless this examiner was not qualified?

if that is your reason to deny the rectal examination  then report that to the C&P Cheif.

The VA and private docs save  many lives with these types of exams, to rule out prostate cancer...

I read this post earlier and asked a USAF vet friend ( 20 yrs retired REDHORSE- Alaska)who just stopped by, if he ever got this rectal exam, but he had always refused and the VA sent him or gave him a kit to have his prostate checked or to rule out any form of rectal  cancer. I think he has to use the kit annually and maybe bring the results to the VA????

They advertise this kit on TV but I dont pay much attention to it, yet I think it is probably as good as the rectal exam. 

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA Urologist does a rectal exam on me about every 2 years or so & every 10 years I get a colostomy .

However he is male  now Female maybe a different for some Men  but in my opinion they do have smaller fingers.

Its better to be safe than sorry.