VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@brokensoldier244...,

Yes, that's a lawyer's interpretation, which  doesn't make a distinction between IU P&T, and just IU.

I'm talking about the "official" VA regulation, as I've heard 100 different interpretations about it.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

"We need this information to determine continued eligibility to compensation at the 100 percent rate based on individual unemployability (38 CFR 4.16). Title 38, United States Code, allows us to ask for this information."

@brokensoldier244..,

OK thanks, now as I'm reading the "law" of the 38 CFR 4.16, I interpret it as "...allows us to ASK for this information.."

I know of no veterans who have gotten IU/IU P&T where the VA has specifically asked for employment information, both at the time the IU was awarded, and thereafter. Have you?

I've reviewed the IU award packets of many veterans, and have never seen the VA even mention a 21-4140.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well when someone finds out the truth please let us know!

I called the 1=800#  and the idiot I got  which I couldn't hardly understand him   he could not tell me  he just said  if your not sure to send in the 21- 4140-1   Just send it in anyway...eh!

Edited by Buck52

@Buck,

I have one veteran I'm helping who has Gulf War Syndrome so bad, he can't write!  He's IU P&T, so IF the 21-4140 is just some myth that's lingered around the VA Forums, then why subject the poor man to filling it out?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Have your veteran to either file for increase to try to get the schedule 100% rating  or ask his rating be changed to his proper condition  if he is so bad he can't write  then he should be at the least rated 100% scheduler  and not IU  they gave him the wrong rating in my opinion.

As for as sending in the 21-4140 for IU Veterans its best they print  one out  sign it and send it to Janesville claim center...usually on their award anniversary date.(get mail return  receipt)

just mark the calendar per year.  its better to be safe than sorry....other wise they can send a reduction in benefits letter.

Edited by Buck52