VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where to find records of a Marine Helo Crash

Rate this question

MikeT

Question

Hello all,

Q: Is there somewhere besides the JSRRC that would keep Marine Corps helicopter accident records.

I was diagnosed (by the VA) with PTSD related to a helicopter accident that I was in in the late 80's.  I prepared and submitted a PTSD claim that includes details of the accident as well as a buddy statement from someone involved in the investigation of the accident.  In my claim I requested assistance from the VA in checking the JSRRC for the related records to prove the accident and my involvement as I did not have the date of the incident.  I requested that the VA (and JSRRC) look in 60 day increments during the 1986-1987 years. They denied my claim because they stated they could not locate the incident.  Thanks for any and all assistance.  Mike

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You were in the Crotch, the Unit Daily Report has the incident. Did you go to sickbay?

Post a redacted copy of the "Buddy Letter." If he was involved in the investigation, he had to have mentioned something more precise than between 1986-1987.

Semper Fi