VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First time knee C&P exam do I submit more records

Rate this question

gab2112

Question

An advice anyone can give would be appreciated. I go in for my first C&P exam for my knee issues. I submitted a FDC with my military medical records showing foot issues, shin splints, and issues with bunions. They wanted to operate on the one bunion but I would have had to reenlist. I also submitted my personal medical records that include  my recent MRI reports that show various knee issues. (arthritis, patellar maltracking, meniscus tears...) I received a call to set up my C&P exam about a week after submitted my FDC online. 

I have been looking online, and found out that if I submit any new paperwork my claim will no longer be a FDC. I wanted to submit the medical report they do when you first enlist that shows everything they document you have wrong with you, and on you. (tattoos, scars, appearance). On this form it shows that I didn't have any bunions when I went in. Then while I was in they got bad enough to see the podiatrist while I was in. I am afraid that connection with my knees will not be there, and cause a denial. 

Do I bring this medical record with me to the C&P exam in case the doctor ask anything, or even bother  showing  it to him?  Do I wait for the possible denial, and then submit this when I appeal? Should I go ahead and submit this form online, and risk my claim to no longer be a FDC?  After submitting my claim, and doing more research online I learned that I shouldn't assume that the reviewers will be able to recognize any secondary conditions. Thanks in advance for any help or advice. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Its a very bad idea to "not submit" new or relevant evidence because you fear it will no longer be a FDC.  

While that is true, its still MUCH better and much faster to go ahead and submit that evidence, than to appeal after its denied.  

Sure, I get you want to speed up your claim, but how does it help you to get a faster denial, then wait 5 years for an appeal?  You want to do it right the first time, and the VA not having all your evidence is not "right the first time".