VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Secondary to PTSD Help

Rate this question

nova

Question

HI, 

New here. Found the community through google. I'm still learning to navigate the site, so please bear with me. Searching got me in the right direction but not close enough.

I was recently diagnosed with Service connected PTSD through the VA. I have not done a C&P exam yet. On the same day I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea through a VA sleep study. I've read that there is a slim chance to connect my sleep apnea as a secondary to my PTSD. My VA psych Dr said they aggrevate each other, but a pulmonologist opinion would have more power than his. I've seen some advice from other members talking about letter templates, DBQs and supporting articles. However, I haven't been able to find them here. 

I've scheduled a civilian Dr. appointment with a pulmonologist in about 2 week and would like to come prepared with any information I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nova

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi

i had the sleep md and my primary care md fill out DbQ service connecting the 2 but i believe the Independent medical opinion i had done really made the difference in getting the sleep apnea service connected it cost 1100 also i printed out the recent studies linking sleep apnea to ptsd in veterans

good luck

2 hours ago, Dfinnusmc said:

Hi

i had the sleep md and my primary care md fill out DbQ service connecting the 2 but i believe the Independent medical opinion i had done really made the difference in getting the sleep apnea service connected it cost 1100 also i printed out the recent studies linking sleep apnea to ptsd in veterans

good luck

Thanks for responding, I have an appointment with an independent MD this week. Do you have a link to the recent studies that you used for your claim?

Nova, when you just want to burn some Daylight, check out the BVA Decisions fpr15, 16 & 17. Enter your search criteria regarding SA secondary to PTSD.

Interesting reading and valuable info regarding Denials & Remands as well as Awards.