VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Win? still have questions

Rate this topic

LanceJoseph

Lance, without sounding funny here, have you looked at your E benefits page lately?

If not, I would take a look at it ASAP and see if the IU has shown up. If not, log on every few days or so and you might be surprised.

As a footnote, and I learned this the hard way, if you do in fact have IU and are expecting OVER 25k in retro, be advised that there is a "three signature" process that has to take place BEFORE you will get the retro, so expect a 2-3 month delay before getting retro.

Nothing you can do about it, but get on with your life.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

Thanks Allan, I have been checking it pretty frequently and no change. I'm not so much holding out for a big pay day as much as I just want to know.I hate being in the dark but I have plenty of patience so no worries there.  

Lance, I was awarded *P&T IU this past January , however, it didn't show up on my E benefits page until late March. So I think what you have here is an approval for IU, but it takes a few months for everything to come together.

Also, give it a few weeks, and I'm sure the DAV will have an IU approval letter on file, though it's not official.

Some DAV's/American Legion offices will show you the approval letter, and some won't.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

*Hats off to Berta!

LJ, if you haven't already done so, be sure your Direct Deposit Bank or Credit Union account is set up to real-time Txt and Email you regarding all Financial Transactions. You should get the Retro before the actual Decision Letter.

As long as your pockets are flush with cash, being a little in the DARK for a couple months should be tolerable. Considering you may not agree with the Award Effective Date, prepare you Evidence supporting the Date you think it should have been. You may not need it, but if you do it's ready. This is a BVA Decision, so if there's something you don't agree with the next stop would be the CAVC.

Who Rep'd you at the BVA? I believe you have 60 Days from the Award Letter Date to notify the CAVC of your intentions to Appeal for an EED.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use