VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro separate checks? BVA appeal win!

Rate this topic

Navy62Spouse

After 11 years of continuous appeals and staged increases (30% to 50% to 70% to 100%) through those years to 100% scheduler as of 11/2014, the BVA granted retro of scheduler 70% and TDIU back to effective date of 12/2006!   One month after BVA letter, a large deposit hit the bank (but less than expected), it stated it was for 4/2009-11/2011 (the middle part of this period).  Since the percentages had increased through the years, will the VA be issuing separate deposits for the difference of each of these increases?  I guess I just expected to receive one lump sum.

So happy and glad that the fight is finally over!  Now, just want to make sure the money figures are correct.  Thank you all for your continued good advice!!!

Edited by Navy62Spouse

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your win!!!!!!!!!!!

What did your decision letter say?  Remember, they will deduct any monies you hav already received, any you get paid at the old rate, using the 2009/10/2011 rates.  

Thank you all!!!!!

Broncovet--here are the details:

The orders sent from BVA to the AMC stated disability rating of 70% granted as of 12/13/06.  It also states TDIU granted from 12/13/06.  I had already calculated monies with each years COLA and deducted monies received.  VA would be paying varied differences through the years between 30, 50 & 70% (amounts received as percentage increased) from 12/06 through 11/22/14.  However, the deposit stated it was for 4/01/09-11/30/11 period.   It seems really strange that the middle portion was paid.  It doesn't even make sense with the times of the increases (12/06-2/09 at 30%, 3/09-12/12 at 50%, 1/13-10/14 at 70%).   We just received notice from the AMC that effectuated the BVA's decision, which states monthly entitlement at the different rates of COLA and lists each year 1/2007 to present, listing the 100% amounts.  All I can figure is that this was the simplest part of this time period to figure as COLA was the same between 4/09-11/11.  Otherwise, COLA changed yearly.  Would the AMC make several payments?  Thank you for helping to sort this all out!

Edited by Navy62Spouse
To add Broncovets name

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation & Well Deserved!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, Navy62Spouse said:

Thank you all!!!!!

Broncovet--here are the details:

The orders sent from BVA to the AMC stated disability rating of 70% granted as of 12/13/06.  It also states TDIU granted from 12/13/06.  I had already calculated monies with each years COLA and deducted monies received.  VA would be paying varied differences through the years between 30, 50 & 70% (amounts received as percentage increased) from 12/06 through 11/22/14.  However, the deposit stated it was for 4/01/09-11/30/11 period.   It seems really strange that the middle portion was paid.  It doesn't even make sense with the times of the increases (12/06-2/09 at 30%, 3/09-12/12 at 50%, 1/13-10/14 at 70%).   We just received notice from the AMC that effectuated the BVA's decision, which states monthly entitlement at the different rates of COLA and lists each year 1/2007 to present, listing the 100% amounts.  All I can figure is that this was the simplest part of this time period to figure as COLA was the same between 4/09-11/11.  Otherwise, COLA changed yearly.  Would the AMC make several payments?  Thank you for helping to sort this all out!

On 12/9/2017 at 8:52 PM, broncovet said:

Congratulations on your win!!!!!!!!!!!

What did your decision letter say?  Remember, they will deduct any monies you hav already received, any you get paid at the old rate, using the 2009/10/2011 rates.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use