VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans on or waiting to get IU ( Trouble) maybe looming

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

check out ben kruse site

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2017/12/11/individual-unemployability-cuts-way-team-trump-quietly-rolls-obama-admin-initiated-cuts-severely-disabled-veterans-harmed/?inf_contact

For veterans receiving IU or awaiting on a claim.

Are we going to have to go through all this again?

:Source Disabled Veterans.org

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good info. It sounds like anti-veteran employees who have been there for a while trying to sneak a turd sandwich into the fridge.

Unless my read was way off, this change will only affect New Extra-Scheduler IU Awards. Scheduler IU Vets (Having an SC 60% or a 40% SC with 1 or more SC with a CSC 0f 70%) are not affected.

I didn't see any discussion addressing "Grandfathering of Current IU Awards," so I believe those Vets already rated Extra or Scheduler IU don't have to worry.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree with you both. 

I may take this off tomorrow   sure don't want to be worrying IU Vets

I apologize for posting this  to soon.

Buck- I got this from Ben too the other day , but hesitated to put it on the board- then I saw it under the news articles Tbird has posted here...

I think vets have a right to know what is going on but I too agree with Gastone, as to what the article really says.

I dont think you need to apologize at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Ms berta

The only thing I don't know for sure is  if I am still legally TDIU P&T?

Before my 70%PTSD  SC Rating

I was 90% combined rating  using the  (b) extra scheduler 50 % & 10% 30% INCREASE before the IU =90% COMBINED RATING ...Since I could not do any type work  they gave me the TDIU P&T with chronic disability in nature and not expected to improve in my life time, no future exams scheduled.

That was in my 2003 Award letter for the TDIU P&T 

Ok fast forward to 2014 I was Awarded the 70% PTSD long over due  but that's another story.

I never wanted to admit I had a Social mental problem, I had hidden it for years from my Vietnam days, but just got worse and worse finally my spouse had  enough and my PCP had me to see mental health.

Since I finally filed  the PTSD Claim I  was awarded the 70% and they said I was 100% rating now with SMC -S.H.B.

IU is not mention anymore in e benefits but it does show the 90% IU Rating.

so with all my combined ratings over the 160%(ACTUALLY AROUND 190% COMBINED RATINGS. . .they say I have a final 100% degree in rating.

ITS IN THE LITTLE BLUE CIRCLE in e-benefit;s  that gets bigger when you hoover the mouse over it

100% final degree rating.

so Iam not sure if I am still considered TDIU P&T Or not?

All the EOB Letters that I print out say I am 100% P&T  YES.

Nothing actually about being IU? Anymore.

so maybe the TDIU is Moot Now?

I still send in the  Employment Questioner form Every year. to be on the safe side.

I applied for benefits in 2002, and have been on hadit since 2007.  I can not remember a time when there was "NOT" talk of limiting TDIU in some form or fashion.  That is "at least" 15 years in my recollection, and there is no doubt the same thing happened prior to 2002.  

To reiterate:

Worry about something more real, like geting hit by an asteroid, or how you will pay all the taxes when you win the lottery.  Or, better yet, just forget about all the worrying and concentrate on helping others.  

THis does not mean we should just "forget" about any proposed legislation or Veterans benefit changes that may affect us adversely.  These changes, however, have been propsed for decades and defeated time and time again.