VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQ for Occipital Neuralgia?

Rate this question

mrstephens11

Question

Hello team,

I'm about to file my claim for Occipital Neuralgia.  I want to use my private doctor with a DBQ.  My issue is that I don't know which DBQ to use.  There are two neurological DBQs that I think could be the one I need but, they don't list the occipital nerve on them.  Can someone that is familiar with this help me?  

Peripheral Nerve Conditions  http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960C-10-ARE.pdf

Cranial Nerve Conditions http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960C-3-ARE.pdf

I'll also have the doctor fill out the Headaches DBQ since this causes god awful headaches.

Thank you in adanced,

Stephens

3 answers to this question

mrstephens,

Imho, you would use the cranial, meaning brain/head as opposed to the peripheral which applies to arms/legs.  If the doc will also complete a dbq for headaches then that can possibly be used as a basis for a secondary condition, if you choose to pursue it.  At the least,  the second dbq can be used to support the primary condition of Occipital Neuralgia.

Thank you for the reply.  I'd rather them put the ON and headaches together and rate it as one extraschedular condition, it really is one condition.  This would likely take me to 100% on it's own if they did it that way. 

I wanted the Doc to fill out the Headache DBQ as a CYA so I don't have to goto the VA's docs for a C&P.  I've never had a good experience with them, I always get yelled at or ignored.  Which with my depression doesn't help any thing and I leave in tears.  Even had one C&P examiner laugh at me for tearing up after he yelled at me to move my leg in a way that was extremely painful.  It wasn't even the leg getting a rating at that C&P, it was already service connected.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:27 AM, mrstephens11 said:

Thank you for the reply.  I'd rather them put the ON and headaches together and rate it as one extraschedular condition, it really is one condition.  This would likely take me to 100% on it's own if they did it that way. 

I wanted the Doc to fill out the Headache DBQ as a CYA so I don't have to goto the VA's docs for a C&P.  I've never had a good experience with them, I always get yelled at or ignored.  Which with my depression doesn't help any thing and I leave in tears.  Even had one C&P examiner laugh at me for tearing up after he yelled at me to move my leg in a way that was extremely painful.  It wasn't even the leg getting a rating at that C&P, it was already service connected.

"I've never had a good experience with them, I always get yelled at or ignored." I've always been treated with respect and dignity when I go to the VA but if some bastard yells at me during a C&P, he'll be picking up his teeth and searching for his eyeballs. You should never, ever let anyone do that to you or any of your fellow veterans.