VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Win, wrong retro amount, who to contact?

Rate this topic

Navy62Spouse

Of course, a big part of the problem is the Cleveland RO.  Its a corrupt VARO, as evidenced by Cleveland being one of about 5 VAROs who were caught shredding Veterans evidence in 2008 "Octobber incident", by the VAOIG.  

The VAOIG has "fixed" the problem by no longer doing suprise VARO checks, so shredding would not be detected.  Its called "looking the other way".  Just ignore the elephant in the room (yea right).  

46 minutes ago, broncovet said:

After speaking to Tony Millions on the phone and by email, he did manage to "push my claim along", after years of delays.  

Yes, and I know that Cleveland VARO are not exactly rocket scientists.  That's good to know that Tony Millions helped push things along.  I think I will begin with the White House hotline number & see if I can get any help there.  Would be great if we could just avoid the Cleveland VARO completely.  Thank you so much for your help.  I'll let you know what happens.

File an Official Request for CUE Review of the RETRO $$ Amount. Staged Ratings can be complicated for the average Vet to determine the correct $$$ amount due. If you think it's wrong, File the Review Request for a possible CUE.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, Gastone said:

File an Official Request for CUE Review of the RETRO $$ Amount. Staged Ratings can be complicated for the average Vet to determine the correct $$$ amount due. If you think it's wrong, File the Review Request for a possible CUE.

Thank you,  I did call the VSO in Cleveland.  They told me to fax request to them.  I completed a 21-4138 Statement of Support form as they requested and asked for a review of the award.   They sent yet another letter in response to the “request for an audit”.  This one showed benefits paid amounts by year with completely different figures than the first “request for audit” response showed.  So, I created a yearly report myself, which showed actual amounts paid, at what % rate, amount that should have been paid, and the difference.  I included a copy of the BVA decision showing the percentage rates and years and the order to be paid letter.  I submitted yet another request on another 21-4138.  I explained how I now had two audits showing different amounts and how I was submitting the correct ones.  

I faxed this to them the end of January, then again the beginning of this month.  Is there another form or another route I should be taking.  I am not getting any responses now.  The decision is absolutely correct on all counts, percentages & dates.  It’s simply the orders that were not followed and the calculations that were done incorrectly.  Thank you!

Edited by Navy62Spouse

Does this "audit" show up on your eBen Claims as pending? Are you sure your VSO actually Filed the "Official Review Request" with your attached documents supporting your position?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use