VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC K

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

This was how my exam was written, I was denied.  Not sure how to fight this one?  DSM5 Cristerion D for FSD states "The sexual Dysfunction is not better explained by a non sexual mental disorder."  In this veteran's case, her absent/reduced interest in sexual activity is better explained--and adequately and sufficiently explained--by her SC non sexual mental disorder. 

as well as her similarly absent/reduced interest in other typically enjoyed activities like interacting with friends, participating in leisure activities, hobbies, healthful eating, etc. 

What the hell????  So, if I were a man, and could get a pill then I would get SMC K, but because I am a woman and we have no pills..........this bit%^ at a CP exam writes this??  I am livid.  So, it is directly related to my SC mental health condition but I didn't get SMC K WHT?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Bogus denial, as posted.  Totally bogus.  

Get the to the appealary.  (file NOD). This logic is defective.  

It does not matter if your ED is a physical or mental one, it merely has to be related to a service connected condition.  

However, there is a problem in HOUSTON.  

You see, SMC K is for "loss of use of  a reproductive organ".  This isnt the same as loss of interest in sex.  If you had a hysterectomy, due to sc conditions and could not reproduce, then you should be eligible for SMC K.  Likewise, if you lost one or more breasts, from service connected conditions, you can get SMC K for each one.  Men can not get SC for loss of a breast, as this isnt necessary to reproduce for men.  

Your doctor would have to state you "lost use of your reproductive organ"  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

you can't get a rating anymore for ED. 

They service connect at 0%  but can still be compensated   $$104 .**monthly for loss of use of a creative organ and added in to your existing S.C. Disability's.  as SMC-K

I think she can get it on mental Secondary to DSM 5 PTSD because not being interested  having sex because loss interest from a mental state cause from military service. then that is loss of use of a productive organ  I would think?

Dr just needs to word it to that some way.

loss of interest in sexual pleasure from having PTSD that happens a lot

file  LOSS OF USE OF CREATIVE ORGAN  SMC-K secondary to your PTSD and its Medications , Dr  just needs to name the med's that causes the lack of interest. As being related to your  S.C. PTSD.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I think its not fair for a female that they have no pills to take  like they do us males  but the way the VA is  

Its like loss of hearing  they do not test you with your hearing aids on  so they can't test your ED by taking the blue pill or  those aggravating penis injections so they have to take our word for it   just need PA or Urologist to state you have ED or for female lack of interest related to her S.C PTSD.

I'm not sure how  Dr would word that for  female? but it can be done.

12 hours ago, Buck52 said:

They service connect at 0%  but can still be compensated   $$104 .**monthly for loss of use of a creative organ and added in to your existing S.C. Disability's.  as SMC-K

I think she can get it on mental Secondary to DSM 5 PTSD because not being interested  having sex because loss interest from a mental state cause from military service. then that is loss of use of a productive organ  I would think?

file  LOSS OF USE OF CREATIVE ORGAN  SMC-K secondary to your PTSD and its Medications , Dr  just needs to name the med's that causes the lack of interest. As being related to your  S.C. PTSD.

That is exactly what my thought was Buck, she said that it was secondary to my service connected mental health condition.  Which to me is pretty much saying it is caused by my sc condition, why they denied my SMC K, because I specifically asked for SMC K for FSAD?  still I was rated for bipolar disorder when I claimed depression.......I hate the st. pete. ro.  I know that SMC K is definitely awarded for men and women for this condition, it isn't just for loss of organ, but loss of use as well.  Thanks Buck I think that her own words may actually help me win my case.  Now, just the quickest way to do so?

I think its not fair for a female that they have no pills to take  like they do us males  but the way the VA is  

Its like loss of hearing  they do not test you with your hearing aids on  so they can't test your ED by taking the blue pill or  those aggravating penis injections so they have to take our word for it   just need PA or Urologist to state you have ED or for female lack of interest related to her S.C PTSD.

I'm not sure how  Dr would word that for  female? but it can be done.

Oh, it is noted throughout my VA records, especially in psychiatry  that I have lack of sexual interest.  They even made note of it in my cp exam.  So there was history of me complaining about it. 

I am thinking of not fiing an appeal but just a new claim, because SMC's area suppose to go back to when they find the problem not the date of claim anyway, right?  and it may save me stress and aggravation.  I can upload this witches statement and it is proof that I have a sexual issue secondary to my service connected mental health condition, they can't dispute their own evidence.