VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government shutdown

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

If the government shutdowns does that mean no payments issued on the 1st? I can remember the last shutdown what happened...

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

The money for our payments is already budgeted. The shutdown would affect monies not budgeted yet, since the reason for it is not having an approved budget 

jfrei,  brokensolder244th, is 100%.   It is "mandated" by federal law that both the V.A. disability payments, and SSA or SSDI payments cannot be stopped if a government shutdown takes place.  That means, Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Freedom Caucus members, cannot stop the issuing of payments on the 1st of the month.

Unfortunately, it looks like all BVA appeals will be suspended during shut-down.  Never mind that the BVA is behind several years as it is... }8-(

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/43654/va-contingency-plan-2017/

Appendix C – Functions to be Suspended

Organization Functions to be Suspended
VHA None

BVA Claims appeals will be discontinued

• HadIt.com Elder

Is delay of contractual services a cause for civil action in your state?  I wonder if filing a civil action in the District Court against the extremely delayed and deceptive services provided by the VA in adjudications would stand up as a cause of action in the District Court of your state.

I have a Tort Case claiming medical negligence in the District Court for the Wyoming District.  The Local Rules and Federal Rules of procedure move things right along.  Maybe more of us should find a cause of action and take our cases to District Court.  I'm 76 and if it took the length of time to get a BVA Decision from 1992 I'd likely be dead before I can even get an appeal certified out of the Agency of Original Jurisdiction.

Edited by Lemuel