VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No New AO presumptives?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have had a bad cold all week and just started checking my emails....this AM a Florida Newspaper stated that VA had decided Not to add anymore AO presumptives.

They gave no link for that statement. Have I missed something?

This came up on a Google Alert I have had for a long time regarding the potential new AO presumptives the VA Secretary would consider.

Has anyone received any definitive news from the VA or any vet org, that there will be no new AO presumptives in the future?

Thanks Broncovet- I searched at VA, NVLSP etc etc and found nothing that indicated the Secretary decided No presumptives would be added. The last 2010 presumptives took plenty of time to be formally announced.

I have a call in to the man who wrote this story.

He interviewed four veterans about AO but never supported this statement in the article:

"After 18 months of reviewing the findings, the VA announced it would not be adding any new presumptives to the list, leaving some veterans feeling sidelined."

I hesitate to even post the link to the article until I talk to the reporter.

If this is true, we need  to hear this ' announcement '  from the VA itself. 

If it isn't true, it is the last thing any veteran  needs to deal with ..........

fake news...

Were there any Conditions that actually got a bump up from "Limited Evidence of Association" by the IOM?

Since the 2010 addition of CAD to the Presumptive list, I only recall the 2015 (Acute to Chronic) change made to Peripheral Neuropathy.

This is the last 'announcement" I am aware of :

https://www.stripes.com/after-18-months-of-study-va-delays-adding-new-agent-orange-illnesses-1.495773

It refers to the NAM ( formerly IOM ) report which I think has been posted here somewhere.

Ischemic stroke is also one of the conditions the Secretary would consider.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Could be a case of a reporter being hounded by their boss to get some stories out. That article might actually be a case of creative writing.

The writer of the story agreed that  they left out something important.

"After 18 months of reviewing the findings, the VA announced it would not be adding any new presumptives to the list, leaving some veterans feeling sidelined."

She refered to the same Stars and Stripes article I had in front of me. It does Not say  VA will not be adding more presumptives.

"Some?" There are still about 800,00 living Vietnam vets."feeling sidelined" - hell we all feel that way over the crap VA puts us through.

She said she would ask their ombudsman at the newspaper to correct the story.

I just hope not many potential AO vets have read it and believe it.

It certainly could happen that the Sec will not add more  AO presumptives but that news will come from the VA itself-not some newspaper reporter who did not  properly read the source they used.

Maybe they should apply for a job with the VA.

Edited by Berta