VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase Submitted by VA and/or SMC Housebound Math

Rate this topic

@Buck52 @Gastone thank you for the advice and wisdom. I unfortunately recently realized I will probably be dealing with the VA for life, and I too wish I had known what I know now when I thought I knew. Trying to start being proactive about my claim and take the advice and suggestions here, and it’s been working. At least to help relieve the anxiety. If my claim ends up favorable I’ll have to find another hobby other than checking ebenefits (and hunting misplaced things). 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
14 hours ago, seminoles said:

you would think ;)   what is eed?

Earliest effective date.

• HadIt.com Elder
7 hours ago, anxiousinMD said:

@Buck52 @Gastone thank you for the advice and wisdom. I unfortunately recently realized I will probably be dealing with the VA for life, and I too wish I had known what I know now when I thought I knew. Trying to start being proactive about my claim and take the advice and suggestions here, and it’s been working. At least to help relieve the anxiety. If my claim ends up favorable I’ll have to find another hobby other than checking ebenefits (and hunting misplaced things). 

I agree anxiousinMD

We Vets spend a lot of time worrying about our claims and our due just benefits...I know I could have done a lot of other things with my life   rather than worrying about the VA  Fighting for my benefits.

IT'S TAKE YEARS OFF MY LIFE AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER VETERANS AS WELL.

• 4 weeks later...

Just providing an update: I got BBE which stated PTSD increase and IU request rolled up into my current appeal regarding those issues, awarded IBS (secondary to PTSD) at 30%, lumbar strain deferred, current total rating up from 80 to 90%. Ebennies stayed in GOE until this week, status changed from GOE to PDA back to PFD within a couple days this week. So woohoo, it’s the end of the month and we’re moving again.

Ebennies updates: Now I’m back to Prep for Decision from Pending Decision Approval on ebennies, I know common. I’m ok with making sure the ducks are in a row, and a few days of back and forth that could save a few years in appeal are much appreciated. Now on disabilities claimed, TDIU has disappeared (expected, probably because it got rolled up into the appeal) but PTSD (INC) changed to PTSD (NEW), rather than just disappearing like my IU claim. BTW, my NODs remain sitting untouched since submitted last Feb with no status available or change, just confirmation of receipt, also expected (Thanks Hadit for tempering and helping with expectation management, truly helps with the anxiety).

Wondering: Why wouldn’t PTSD just disappear too along with IU if they are deferred to appeal? Why the new claim? I can’t imagine they’re sending me to ANOTHER PTSD C&P when I just had one for this claim in Dec, which I assumed at the time was for the increase? Again, I don’t understand why they would even send me if they’re just deferring me? But GLAD they’re working on it.

Could It Be: Since my rater folks seem so diligent in submitting me for the lumbar strain increase without me having to ask them, could it be that they are putting in a new claim for PTSD (perhaps as a reconsideration...I’m told by VSO that goes on the same claim form) and that’s what that PTSD C&P was for? I don’t quite understand the reconsideration thing as it applies to my claim, I thought since I put in a NOD that was the long road I took (DRO review) instead of reconsideration, and it was an either/or thing. If somebody wants to look at it while they’re working and say, hey, that’s obviously not right since the date I want to assign on this new claim should be earlier than the date we denied before, let’s fix this, I would be one to hope, and do whatever paperwork that needs to be done and call it a dro or nod or reconsideration or abc123.

I’m paranoid that it seems like it makes too much sense and things seem to be moving accordingly, and I’m setting myself for disappointment. I’m expecting an ambush or something. Ebennies has been pretty accurate updating status with letters and disabilities, etc. pretty quickly and has been fairly accurate based on retro, letters, VA calls, etc. Anyhow, this part of the journey should be over soon one way or another. I appreciate any insight or links, as always, thank you all.