VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rated AND Deferred

Rate this question

Anita

Question

I have just received my rating for 2 items at 20%..........Now looking at my rate, I noticed that I have 3 in deferment.....My award is the rate for 20%......What does this mean? there is no pending c&p noted on the deferred items. All it did was push my date for those items May 28- Jun 29th 2018 but I will be getting back pay from may 31 2017 for the 2 items they rated me on. But on the other hand I'm looking at this.......effective date of change.....With my other items, plus unemployable which I noted is not even listed under disabilities, but is listed under my claims.. I left out certain items intentionally  since they are not what concerns me. What does all this means? Any helpful explanations would be grateful.

Include? Information Value
Include the information in this row You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 20%
Include the information in this row and the one below it
  • Your current monthly award amount is:
  • The effective date of the last change to your current award was:
  • $269.3
  • December 01, 2017
Include the information in this row You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: No

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date

hallux valgus with hallux rigidus, left foot (claimed as left foot condition) 10% Service Connected   05/31/2017

scar, left great toe 

10% Service Connected   05/31/2017

posttraumatic stress disorder (also claimed as alcohol abuse, anxiety, depression and mental disorder)   Deferred    
pes planus, left foot (claimed as left foot condition) 0% Service Connected   09/23/2017
seizure condition   Deferred    

spinal meningitis   Deferred    

Pending Disabilities

Disability Submitted Type Actions
Seizure Disorder (related To: Ptsd - Personal Trauma) 08/16/2017 REP  
Spinal Meningitis (related To: Non-ptsd Personal Trauma) 08/16/2017 REP  
Mental Disorder (related To: Ptsd - Personal Trauma) 08/16/2017 NEW  
Anxiety Condition (related To: Ptsd - Personal Trauma) 08/16/2017 NEW  
Alcohol Abuse (related To: Ptsd - Personal Trauma) 08/16/2017 NEW  
Depression 08/16/2017 NEW  

Foot Condition Left 08/16/2017 NEW  
Ptsd Personal Trauma 08/16/2017 NEW  
Unemployability 08/16/2017 NEW  

Edited by Anita
Added two extra words.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I hope you’ve had your c and p by now that’s usually what deferred means pending exam. Unemployable is listed under disability tab My benefits..

Have you had a VA Forensic PTSD C & P Exam yet? If and when you do, a redacted copy of the PTSD DBQ would address at least (3) of your Claimed issues.

With your current 20% CSC, you're ineligible to file for a Scheduler IU Rating, so unless your CSC Shopping List gets to the required Rating's numbers; you would expect an Administrative Denial of that Claim. However, if your "EOR" Evidence of Record supports a finding of an Extra-Scheduler Award, the Final Decision would be Made by the DC Rating HQ MFIC.                           Vet's that get an Award indicating a 90% CSC will see "Individual Unemployment Claim Inferred" based on the EOR. It's not an automatic Award, the Vet would then have to file the Official IU Claim including the last 5 years of Employment and Earned Income information.

"Deferred" means that VA is missing some information and they wont adjuticate it until some period in the future.  For example, they may have requested your military records to confirm/deny a "stressor" in service, which is necessary for a PTSD rating.  

IMHO, you are relying far too much on ebenefits.  Ebenefits is unreliable.  Its almost like I cited my next door neighbor's 9 year old girl, "Emily".    "Your claim will be denied, because Emily thinks you are not sick".  

"Emily's" opinion is not reliable, and we should not take it seriously, and this is the same thing with ebenefits.  Dont take it seriously.  

On 5/1/2018 at 4:45 AM, broncovet said:

"Deferred" means that VA is missing some information and they wont adjuticate it until some period in the future.  For example, they may have requested your military records to confirm/deny a "stressor" in service, which is necessary for a PTSD rating.  

IMHO, you are relying far too much on ebenefits.  Ebenefits is unreliable.  Its almost like I cited my next door neighbor's 9 year old girl, "Emily".    "Your claim will be denied, because Emily thinks you are not sick".  

"Emily's" opinion is not reliable, and we should not take it seriously, and this is the same thing with ebenefits.  Dont take it seriously.  

This happened to me, when i first started my Claim i was low balled at 50%, filed my NoD, was bumped to 70% Schedular, and my Infered TDIU Claim was Deferred, it pretty much means those Issues are going to go back in the process to gather more evidence, keep your chin up, Deferred doesn't mean Denied, and it means that Claimed Issue is still alive and kicking in the System.

Good Info for the Poster Bronco! 😉

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted