VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P denial for secondary MDD,what can I do?

Rate this question

Darc_wolf

Question

Hello everyone, I wanted some help with my recent exam, because it seems to me that she addressed all my NSC's but never touched my SC issues?! 

I have a DBQ from an IMO as well.

The link below will take you to the exam. 

I am open to any advice.

C&P 02-14-18

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

What established SC you have now did you claim the MMD as secondary to?

I didn't see any strong nexus statement the doctor made, as to the inservice cause of the MDD in the C & P exam.

It seems the doctor focused on pes planus as the claimed cause of the MH disability.

The doc did suggest that the other conditions you have could cause depression but I saw no nexus statement for them either.

Others will go over the DBQ-perhaps I am missing something.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Ms berta

I don't see the main key for S.C. ...Unless you can get an IMO linking whatever S.C You have now linking it to a secondary condition.

without proper medical Documentation  it's almost impossible to get Direct Service connected. (with the exception of Buddy Letters) Veterans own lay statement linking him to the place and close dates to the event that caused the condition....> they do consider 

Now  they do have a regulation  3.309 PSC (Presumptive Service Connection) you may want to check out these provisions under 3.309

one thing I did see in this C&P EXAM  the examiner did say you had 2 MH Conditions. if you are S.C. for one of these? check with a Dr and see what is secondary to this condition? if you have that condition?  it can be a secondary condition and since your S.C. that conditions is also is Considered Service Connected  due to the original condition.

Edited by Buck52

On 2/21/2018 at 4:55 AM, Berta said:

What established SC you have now did you claim the MMD as secondary to?

I didn't see any strong nexus statement the doctor made, as to the inservice cause of the MDD in the C & P exam.

It seems the doctor focused on pes planus as the claimed cause of the MH disability.

The doc did suggest that the other conditions you have could cause depression but I saw no nexus statement for them either.

Others will go over the DBQ-perhaps I am missing something.

Berta, thank you for reviewing. It was secondary to my 30% Pes Planus SC for the pain. That's what I was talking about! She mentioned every non-service-connected issue I am dealing with now and skated around the things I am SC for (30% Asthma, 10% Tinnitus) 

On 2/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, broncovet said:

Dont leave home without your Nexus.  An Accord wont do, if you desire benefits.  

Thanks for the review broncovet, I actually thought the pain from my feet was the nexus. I do have an IMO from a Ph.D. in my claim already, but I am anticipating the rater using the examiner over my IMO.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:46 AM, Buck52 said:

I agree with Ms berta

I don't see the main key for S.C. ...Unless you can get an IMO linking whatever S.C You have now linking it to a secondary condition.

without proper medical Documentation  it's almost impossible to get Direct Service connected. (with the exception of Buddy Letters) Veterans own lay statement linking him to the place and close dates to the event that caused the condition....> they do consider 

Now  they do have a regulation  3.309 PSC (Presumptive Service Connection) you may want to check out these provisions under 3.309

one thing I did see in this C&P EXAM  the examiner did say you had 2 MH Conditions. if you are S.C. for one of these? check with a Dr and see what is secondary to this condition? if you have that condition?  it can be a secondary condition and since your S.C. that conditions is also is Considered Service Connected  due to the original condition.

Buck52, thank you for reviewing. It was secondary to my 30% Pes Planus SC for the pain. She mentioned every non-service-connected issue I am dealing with now and skated around the things I am SC for (30% Asthma, 10% Tinnitus)