VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Uterine Fibroids?

Rate this question

Jahssarah

Question

Hi All, I'm very new to the VA claims process and am hoping that I can connect with some female vets who can help me decide on the content of a nexus letter for my uterine fibroids.  My active duty records do include fibroids and I never had fibroids prior to service.  How can I establish a service connection to the fibroids?  They've had a great and negative impact on my life during and post military life and I would like to apply for a claim.  What should my nexus letter say? Does anyone have an example of a fibroid nexus letter?  Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Sarah

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately, if your going to file a claim for this  you better hurry  or  it maybe to late

https://www.vscsummitoh.us/seven-compensable-disabilities-face-elimination/

Edited by Buck52

Hi Buck,

Came across the link about eliminating the 7 condtions, very concerned to say the least.  Why did the VA build 2 Multiple Sclerosis centers of excellence---one on the West Coast in Seattle and one in Baltimore, MD. if the govt going to eliminate MS from it's wheelhouse.

My husband says do not borrow trouble.

Stay strong fellow vets.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think they ruled this out just yet

they say :

''excluding seven conditions deemed by the Government Accountability Office as being unlikely to be caused or exacerbated by military service. This option would eliminate VA disability compensation for the following conditions,'' beginning in January 2018:

if  veterans can proved it  is likely as not  caused by or exacerbated by military service  then they have a sound claim.