VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss C&P Exam Q

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Wow......got called yesterday afternoon by VA wanting me to be seen at Dallas VA Audiology this Thursday for a C & P Exam.  I  am stunned Waco RO turned that fast on a dime on anything even if a FDC..........just made the claim February 2nd. I am a bit dumb founded why I am having to do this all over again as I was just seen at same exact Clinic on Feb. 16 by a certified VA Audiologist who tested me again and failed and said my hearing aid will be ordered and be picked up in six weeks.......so what is this C&P Exam about now ?????  I failed a, private testing, standard VA hearing test with Maryland testing,  a VA Choice examination, and the Feb. 16th testing again - failed.   This seems like major over-kill happening over a 10% claim.  Anyway, not suppose to miss a C&P exam so I'll be there...........any pointers by anyone who has been C&P Hearing tested before?  Do they still test again even after three previous tests on record - all through VA since November 10th????? I have left ear sensorineural otoscelerosis. I know they like to play dirty tricks to find a way to evade granting...........been done to me a few times  in other medical areas.  So any last minute pointers would be appreciated.  

Edited by Wayne TX
clean up mispellings

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The fast response might be due to a cancellation.

I assume the VA requested a C&P exam to get the audiologist's opinion on SC. It could be a case where you go in, talk with the doc, and they fill out the DBQ. You might not have to go through the whole audiogram again because you just had one. But be ready for anything. Remember, sometimes what the VA does lacks common sense.

Good luck!