VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A general response to be written on form 9

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

I am going to file for an appeal to go to the bva. I haven't decided who will represent me in my bva hearing, but I want to go ahead and file my form 9 so that I don't miss my 2-month window.

I would like to ask for some suggestions on how to write a generic or standard response to the question of why I am filing an appeal. I want to make it as open a statement as I can so that if later I need to add something I can.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
On 3/8/2018 at 6:13 AM, Okemos_Veteran74 said:

I have the following ratings;

1. 70% PTSD
  2. 40% TBI
  3. 10% Tinnutus

I was granted TDIU based  on my PTSD rating.

According to ebenefits, and the Pyschologist who did my PTSD C&P, my PTSD is p&t.

I havent been officially denied for SMC-S.  I have a 50% rating between my tbi and tinnitus rating.   

I want to appeal a c&p's for visual disorder (double vision), and headaches.  That would give me 60% beyond my PTSD rating.  From what little i know about this, that is enough for SMP=S, right?

The combined disability total is: 81.1% The rounded number would be 80% disability for these combined ratings according to VA Math...70% 30% 10% is 80%

To get to the 100% you will need another rated S.C. Condition at 80% or a combined ratings to equal 80%

This is based on if you were rated IU For the 70% ptsd using the extra scheduler.?

VA does it this way to make it hard to reach the 100% (jmo)

I would like to echo Broncovet in the way to file your form 9.  I did my own with no VSO help.  I went line by line with everything they denied and refuted it with either medical evidence or 38 cfr.  After I finished with it I took it into my DAV rep for him look over it and fax it to the VA.  He liked it so much that he asked me if he could make a copy to use as an example for others.  It took a lot of research on my part.