VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Receive Decision of Claim in 30 days?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

Hi All,

I found this VA claims pathway somewhere online. Does it still hold true? It indicates if working with a VSO I can have my claim decided in 30 days. However from what I have been hearing (even from the VSO) it can take up to 3 - 4 months. 

What is the benefit of using a VSO versus filing it myself online and using this forum as support? 

Much thanks.

va-benefits-award-letter-how-do-i-get-my-va-benefits-award-letter.jpg

Edited by glashutte

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

I replied to one of your other questions in a different topic but now I realize whatever I posted does not apply to you---

I think you have claimed flat feet.

This BVA decision holds the criteria for ratings of flat feet (pes planus):

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files2/1711090.txt

I have pronation due to flat feet. I see a Podiatrist and use custom orthonics.

Is this problem listed on your discharge certificate?

The decision link above and others at the BVA might help you with a claim for flat feet- plenty of those claims are there.

I forgot you asked about decisions ready claims---I think they are claims whereby the claimant has provided enough significant evidence, that they are,in fact, ready to rate.

Your podiatrist might be willing to give you an IME, to describe your condition enough to be rated properly and even make a nexus statement .

Also I hope you have an established nexus in your SMRs and/or listed as flat feet on your discharge certificate.

Others here are more familar with Decision Ready claims.

12 minutes ago, Berta said:

I forgot you asked about decisions ready claims---I think they are claims whereby the claimant has provided enough significant evidence, that they are,in fact, ready to rate.

Your podiatrist might be willing to give you an IME, to describe your condition enough to be rated properly and even make a nexus statement .

Also I hope you have an established nexus in your SMRs and/or listed as flat feet on your discharge certificate.

Others here are more familar with Decision Ready claims.

Thank you Berta on your insight. 

By discharge certificate, do you mean my service medical record?

Also is an IME done by someone connected to the VA? Is an IME something I definitely want? 

Edited by glashutte

DRC are a VA scam. They aren't decided any quicker than any other claim.

all they do is put the workload and responsibility on your VSO, who is the one who is supposed to be watching the VA, and start that timeline AFTER the VSO has completed the work the VA is supposed to do!!

Two scenarios:

1. You 'file' at your VSO. VAs accountability (and start of clock) only begins when your VSO has gotten the exam, and other records to the VA. This is likely to be months. My VSO has no clue how to schedule an exam; when I worked at the VA I scheduled hundreds.It's really easy to mess up.

2. You file traditionally:

VA is responsible-and accountable- for nearly ALL aspects of developing the claim from the moment they receive it.

The VA conceivably could do the ENTIRE claim in close to 30 days, not just rating.